When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
Position Code: VDRIV
Job Location: Longmeadow Campus
JOB SUMMARY: Safely transport Bay Path University students, faculty and staff to and from various locations on and off campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Safely transport students, faculty and staff to and from various public locations on and off campus in a safe, courteous and professional manner.
- Be accessible to passengers during trips and available for assistance in the event of an emergency.
- Operates passenger vans safely and efficiently, obeying traffic laws.
- Report any vehicle problems, repairs, cleanliness, or maintenance needs via pre and post trip inspection paperwork and verbally to direct supervisor and maintenance/facilities.
- Safely de-ice vehicle when appropriate.
- Immediately report to Student Activities and Transportation Coordinator upon return of student trips to inform of any interpersonal problems or issues that occurred during the trip.
- Fuel vehicle upon conclusion of each shift.
- Disposal of trash bags at conclusion of each shift.
- Comfortable driving in all weather conditions, including snow and ice and both day and night hours.
- Attend training's as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Be available for scheduled shifts which may vary week-to-week, on top of regular weekly shifts.
- When operating a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Report any driving offense which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status, whether this occurred on or off company time. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
- AM/FM Radio usage will be limited to music only while passengers are in the vehicle. Talk radio and news are not allowed. Students can ask to have music/heat/AC changed or turned off and drivers are expected to comply.
- Clock in 15-20 minutes before the start of your scheduled shift in order to inspect the vehicle if necessary and prepare any papers (sign-in sheets, checklists, etc).
- Refer to Shuttle Driver Manual for further customer service inquiries and specifics of operating the daily shuttle.
- Report any vacations to your supervisor via email no less than 2 weeks in advance.
- High School Degree/GED required.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Experience transporting passengers preferred.
- Valid U.S. driver's license; excellent driving skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter; must successfully pass safe driving course before the driver's first shift. Failure to successfully complete the course as defined here is grounds for immediate termination. Driver cannot begin driving for University business until the safe driving course is successfully completed.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.) and SORI.
- Submit to and pass pre-employment drug screening and/or physical duties test.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the University community including students, faculty, staff, and administrators in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to quickly analyze complex, sensitive and/or hazardous situations and issues, and quickly devise solutions and action plans.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to hear and see acutely during the day and night time conditions.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at HR@baypath.edu or call 413-565-1168.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency