Utility Operator I
Ops Div CHACP 2
Performs work at the journeyman/tradesman level in the operation and maintenance of equipment in a central heating and cooling plant. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on performance.
- In training to learn the safe and efficient operation of the equipment in a heating and cooling plant and for maintaining an uninterrupted supply of utility services to the campus, Health Sciences Center, and University Medical Center during an assigned shift.
- Operates boilers, turbines, refrigeration chillers, and all supporting equipment and associated systems. Supervises and trains assigned operators.
- Knowledge of principles of boilers, steam, condensate, refrigeration, cooling towers, heat exchangers, pumps, turbines, chemistry, physics, metallurgy, mathematics, microbiology, statistics, instrumentation, personal management, safety management, HazMat requirements, co-generations and emissions controls.
High school or equivalent plus one year as a licensed journeyman/tradesman or one year utility plant and job related experience. Additional related education may substitute on a year for year basis. Must have completed the Personnel Qualification System (PQS) requirements for Maintenance Mechanic, or if a new hire, must complete within six months.
- Must be able to pass technical pre-employment exam.
- Must be able to understand, remember, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to show mechanical aptitude (machines, engines, HVAC, boilers, etc).
- Must pass medical examination upon hiring.
- Must be able to pass respiratory training upon hiring.
- Must be able to pass pulmonary testing upon hiring.
- Must be able to certify HAZMAT.
- Competency in written and mathematical skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly be reading, writing, and speaking in English.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency