Support Center Technician (Business Services)- Norco College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Business Services (N)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
If Part-Time, indicate the number of hours per week
19 Hours Per Week
$24.23 - $29.49
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under the supervision of the area Dean, maintains campus mailroom, equipment, and mailboxes; orders supplies; takes inventory, copy jobs and warehouse deliveries; and deals with faculty, students and staff on mailroom issues.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
Two years experience closely related to the duties and responsibilities of the position are required.
Mailroom equipment; current office practices and procedures; and outside mail services.
Spell correctly and use good grammar; follow directions; make simple math computations; community orally and in writing; and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Requires the ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing, and lifting. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Must have a valid California driver's license, and have (and maintain) an insurable driving record acceptable to the District's insurance carrier, is required.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and the community.
Workers, other department personnel, instructors, and students.
Normal office environment.
1. Accepts processes and dispatches the mail according to United States Postal Service and District guidelines, goals and deadlines.
2. Sets up mailbox operation for each new semester.
3. Answers routine questions or gives out standard information regarding mailing procedures (UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, and United States Postal).
4. Orders, controls and distributes supplies.
5. Delivers mail and notifies personnel of arrival of supplies, equipment, etc. from campus mailroom to Departments and other locations as needed.
6. Secures tests and quizzes for full-time and adjunct faculty as requested by faculty.
7. Operates office machines, including high volume-duplicating equipment.
8. Maintains copy records for campus Departments and distributes reports accordingly.
9. Cleans, adjusts, and performs routine maintenance on copier equipment according to proscribed procedures; makes minor and adjustments as necessary; and loads supplies.
10. Orders toner and staples when needed for OCE Copier; calls Ose Department when copier needs maintenance.
11. Makes copies for department and instructors assigned to the College.
12. Keeps a log of all requisitions for copies sent to Riverside Campus for processing (tracks when job was sent to Riverside and when it was returned to campus).
13. Retains operating procedures in compliance with all District policies, rules and regulations (i.e., copyrights).
14. Serves as liaison for Communication Services Center with area Dean of Instruction as needed.
15. Assists in the receiving, storage, inventory, and distribution of materials, supplies and equipment.
16. Maintains records of all Warehouse, UPS, and Fed-Ex, etc. deliveries and pick ups.
17. Assists Inventory Control at Riverside Campus in maintaining campus PO log, inventory log system, and department notification w/signatures of merchandise received.
18. Uses a word processing system to input a variety of documents for the instructional and administrative areas.
19. Proofreads and checks the completeness and accuracy of all materials produced prior to final print to ensure correct grammar, punctuation and spelling of the final documentation.
20. Answers routine questions or gives out standard information; answers the telephone.
21. Assists with the general activities with in the Communication Services Center.
22. Maintains a log of word processing jobs on diskettes and prepares an index of diskettes for storage and retrieval purposes.
23. Logs incoming work, distributes documents, tracks work to completion.
24. Maintains budget control for printing, office supplies and postage; prepares supply order for the campus, Communications Service Center.
25. Maintains clean working environment and area for faculty and staff members.
26. Checks students' drop box for instructors and distributes student's assignment into instructor's mailbox.
27. Checks voicemail for instructors daily and places all messages from students into instructor's mail box.
28. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
29. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
30. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month
employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve
months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The college provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit. Positions less than 20 hours per week are not entitled to benefits.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market St., Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday: 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM;
Wednesday: 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date: September 2021 or after
*It is anticipated that first screening of applications will occur sometime during the 1st or 2nd week of August.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources and Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: https://pa379.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=58969
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency