Full/ Part Time: Full-Time
To view full job description including minimum qualifications and to apply: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/
Salary range: $4,104 - $7,209 per month (anticipated hiring range:$4,104 - $5,750 per month)
Note: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), probationary, exempt position
University Advancement ensures that a strong and consistent brand inspires and deepens the University's bond with the public it serves. As such, it advances the brand objectives (and ultimately those of the University Strategic Plan) by executing best communications practices.
University Communications is a department within the division of University Advancement. Serving as the University's central communications and news outlet, strategic consultant and coordinator, University Communications develops and distributes timely, accurate and compelling news and information that build trust, understanding and support for the University, its leadership and its critical mission in education, research and community engagement.
Creatively serving the information needs of campus users, the public and media, University Communications coordinates external communications, primarily through news releases, media advisories, social media platforms, and magazine stories. University Communications ensures that communications are clear, accurate and of the highest quality and ethics -- all supporting the mission to boldly educate and empower students for success.
Our work includes:
- Media relations
- News and information
- Social media platforms
Under the general direction of the Director of Communications, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for the planning and execution of campus-wide strategic social media initiatives. This includes research, identification of objectives, development of themes and concepts, and overseeing creation of content and social-media materials. The Social Media Specialist develops strategies and tactics for marketing and positioning Fresno State to enhance the University's image and reputation to meet strategic and long-term objectives. The work is performed under general direction and is reviewed against goals and objectives.
The incumbent exercises considerable judgment and discretion, and displays creativity in developing social media content and constituents and in handling sensitive and complex social media contacts. The incumbent advises management on the handling of social media issues.
- Develop and implement strategies that increase the overall understanding of and affinity for the University to internal and external constituencies through social media
- Provide direction for the University's social media development and implementation, in collaboration with other entities throughout campus
- Work closely with University Communications writing staff, colleagues in Brand Strategy and Marketing, and campus-wide Communications Specialists to integrate social media with news, online and multimedia platforms, and marketing and branding of the institution via public relations
- Create effective content to use on social media and other short-format platforms
- Lead and coordinate social media campaigns for major campus-wide events such as Convocation, Day of Giving, Homecoming, and Commencement
- Bring creative thinking and approaches to raising the University's profile on social media, such as identifying campus experts and spokespersons and partnering with campus entities on timely topics
- Stay abreast of evolving and cutting-edge social media uses, trends and tools
- Shoot, edit and caption videos for social media
- Train individuals, and groups in workshop settings, on how to effectively use social media
- Assist in interacting with the media, participating in press events, and in writing stories and philanthropic/donor-focused content, as needed
- Lead social media messaging during emergencies in close coordination with campus leadership and emergency communications teams
- In conjunction with the Director of Brand Strategy and Marketing, and Marketing Strategist, write and coordinate social media content as it relates to marketing campaigns for the institution
- In coordination with the Director of Brand Strategy and Marketing, and Marketing Strategist, research, coordinate and execute social media advertising
- Provide lead direction to student interns
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of communication, public affairs, and social media concepts in order to develop and execute communication strategies and plans to promote and position the university
- Expert knowledge of university communication objectives and ability to translate them into effective communication and media campaigns
- Thorough knowledge of applicable copyright and other laws pertaining to publications and the news media
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing and research techniques and methods
- Working knowledge of appropriate use of statistical techniques
- Expert networking and interpersonal skills including strong consultative and persuasive skills to work with internal and external constituents and the media
- Expert journalistic writing and editorial skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Understand issues from a broad, strategic perspective
- Effectively manage media relations and apply effective media strategies and techniques
- Use market research to enhance the impact of communication strategies and campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to market story concepts to university officials and media outlets
Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with PPT and Photoshop software
- Thorough understandingof social media communications objectivesand theability to translate them into effective social media campaigns
- Strong sense of the impact and cycles of ‘news' with an understanding of social media's perceived role as spokesperson for the organization
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media research and analytics tools, techniques, and methods, and theability to use research to enhance the impactand reachof social media.
- Thorough knowledge of social media techniques, formats, and platforms
- Strong writing and editing skills to quickly produce clear and concise social media messages that support the social media goals of theUniversity
- Experience in an institution of higher education.
- Experience in preparing and presenting workshops on social media topics
- Experience in writing for the Web
- Experience in crisis management
- Communicate on various social media platforms in a consistent, on-brand voice
- Work independently and take initiative to develop projects, find resources, solve problems, anticipate issues and obtain information
- Communicate effectively with diverse student, faculty/staff and external communities
- Maintain professional and productive working relationships with creative colleagues, administrators, faculty and staff members, students and external community representatives
- Appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information
- Keep abreast of social media issues in higher education
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency