Senior Specialist - Learning & Development (CAPE)
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
***If selected for an interview, this position will require you to demonstrate your classroom facilitation knowledge and technique via a presentation during the interview process.***
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Organizational Development & Effectiveness in Human Resources, the Senior Specialist - Learning & Development (CAPE) is responsible for coordinating many aspects of employee learning and development programs offered through CAPE - the Center for Academic and Professional Development.The job duties associated with this position include all aspects including, but not limited to:
- Training needs analysis.
- Program design, administration, and management.
- Classroom facilitation.
- Curriculum development.
- Learning Management System administration and oversight.
Below is a breakdown of each aspect of the position:
Program Administration Process
- Under the direction of the AVP, participate with program design; target audience identification; development of program materials including, but not limited to marketing materials, attendance, Facilitator's Guide, Participant Guide, training handouts, and evaluations.
- Coordinate the one-time, ongoing, or annual planning, administration, general oversight, reporting, and evaluation of assigned programs and professional development events for employees that may be College-wide or for a specific group/department. Programs and events may include, but are not limited to New Hire Onboarding and Orientation, Classified Professional Development Days, Service Excellence Program, Supervisor Training, Chairs Training, Leadership Development Program, Faculty Teaching and Learning, Adjunct Professional Development, Diversity Week, and/or Convocations.
- In oversight of the assigned programs/events, provide day-to-day general direction and guidance to department Administrative (Classified) staff who assist with the administrative/clerical duties of the office.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert at the College for the Learning & Development processes and procedures of HR, CAPE, and the Professional Development Platform (PDP).
- Act as a liaison between CAPE and departments/divisions to provide customized training opportunities as requested or assigned.
- Understand multiple departments and their functions within the College.
- Know where services/resources are located on the campuses.
- Train employees on how to utilize and navigate the PDP.
- Make suggestions to employees for which classes may better suit their need/concern.
- Utilize public speaking, presentation, and facilitation skills to facilitate the assigned academic, professional development, and leadership development workshops of various topics to employees at every level of the College.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts internally or externally to facilitate workshops as requested or necessary.
- Role model Service Excellence, leadership, teaming, professionalism, inclusion, and the principles and concepts taught and promoted by the College, Human Resources, and CAPE.
- Work closely with the AVP to design active, relevant, and timely curriculum for workshops and programs that have specific learning objectives and outcomes.
Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Manage all aspects of program evaluation and reporting of attendance and stakeholder participation.
- Utilize learning objectives and outcomes to evaluate program success.
Manage Other Primary Duties
- Utilize knowledge of and experience in relevant federal and state laws, regulations and policies pertaining to Human Resources and managing and directing employees.
- Utilize excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills in all interactions with others.
- Effectively organize and prioritize work activities in an environment where priorities are constantly shifting.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, 3 years of teaching adult learners, facilitation, or training experience in secondary, post-secondary, corporate, government, and/or non-profit environments; including 1 year of supervisory experience or the equivalent combination of degree and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in the fields of Adult or Workforce Education, Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Management, Education, or Communications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in operating employee learning and development programs, activities, and administration for adult learners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in classroom management, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating, from scratch, workshop curriculum for working adults such as: Soft Skills, Technology, Pedagogy, Andragogy, and Leadership trainings.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of adult learning theory and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in Learning and Development.
- Demonstrated e-Learning design and/or development of training curriculum for employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse workforce encompassing a variety of social styles, managerial styles, socioeconomic backgrounds, people from varied cultural backgrounds and employees at all organization levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the application of customer service-related principles and mindset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to successfully use relevant software (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Camtasia, Video Scribe, Workday, LMS, etc.) and hardware technology and to quickly learn and apply new technologies applicable to efficiently complete job-related duties.
- Human Resources / Training / Related Certification.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade C
$48,298 - $55,512
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV -
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- List of 3 professional references
Special Note: If your application meets minimum qualifications, you will be emailed a Supplemental Questionnaire to be completed by an assigned due date.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-external/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Senior-Specialist---Learning---Development--CAPE-_R0117544-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency