This ad is expired.
Senior Business Development Specialist - MBDA Advanced Manufacturing Center
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 7128
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 03/02/2022. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: up to $49,546 - $71,864/Annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt: 40 hours per week
This position is grant funded and is contingent upon funding availability. This position may be shortened or extended based on funding and /or availability of work.
Required Application Materials
- Resume required (to include 3 references with name, email, phone number of points of contact)
- Cover Letter required
- Function: Follow the Advanced Manufacturing Program's business model in helping minority-owned businesses in the manufacturing industry scale, access to contract and capital, and become more competitive by providing them with a series of business development services, and assisting the Project Manager with the overall operation of the program.
- Scope: Responsible for all aspects of business development and management consulting services as required, including, but not limited to, marketing and sales, process improvement, financing, sourcing, and workforce solutions. Assist in the development and implementation of training events and workshops, promote Advanced Manufacturing Project services, network with community organizations involved in small business development, and assist in maintaining the computerized client database and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Assist in the development and implementation of workshops and conferences for businesses including participation as a speaker.
- Prospecting: Identify prospects, introduce them to the program and services, and register qualified firms in the manufacturing industry as the client of the Advanced Manufacturing Center (Program).
- Access to Contract: Identify market opportunities, facilitate access to contracts and subcontracting opportunities in the government and commercial markets.
- Networking: Provide referral services for strategic partnerships and access to technical resources, facilitate business-to-business networking, assist clients in obtaining adequate certifications to become more competitive.
- Assist the Advanced Manufacturing Center in developing and implementing workshops and conferences for businesses, including participation as a speaker.
- Scorecard: Obtain individual performance goals determined by the project manager, actively participate in teamwork, and assist the project manager in working with community organizations to promote Advanced Manufacturing Project services and achieve program goals.
- Supervise student interns and volunteers, if applicable.
- Represent the Advanced Manufacturing Project at public and private sector affairs and advocate for minority-owned businesses in the manufacturing industry, which require knowledge of Advanced Manufacturing Project operations and often provide promotional opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Education (A Master's degree) may be substituted for experience on a two for one basis.
- Five years of related professional experience in manufacturing-related industries in any combination of areas such as the following: consultant to small and medium-sized businesses in marketing, sales, government contracting, management, or technical skills, manager or proprietor of a minority business or management position in manufacturing companies with similar responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and take initiative without close supervision.
- MBA from an accredited institution in Business Administration or Economics.
- Additional two years of experience in any combination of areas such as the following: consultant or business development experience with a focus on government contracting, bidding process, and supplier diversity; experience in industrial marketing and business-to-business match-making; and/or experience in process improvement and advanced technology adaptation with a small/minority manufacturing firm.
- Experience in minority business or an economic development organization may substitute for the MBA.
This position will be primarily located:
On Campus: Primary work location will be on Downdtown campus, and University Heights campus, San Antonio, Texas
- This position is grant funded and is contingent upon funding availability. This position may be shortened or extended based on funding and /or availability of work.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=7128&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-e914be91d19a614f9041b0e46326bd1c