This ad is expired.
Research Administration Data Analyst
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6415
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 08/15/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
- Resume is required.
- Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: To coordinate with other members of the Office for Research, Academic Affairs and other relevant divisions of UTSA to review research data, financial information and prepare forecasts in research trends. This position will assist in the design and development of database information for decision-making, evaluation and accountability purposes.
Scope: Responsible for analyzing research related data, identifying trends in institutional research performance, developing analytics aimed at expanding research productivity, and preparing reports and projections based on this analysis.
1. Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
2. Collect, maintain and interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
3. Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and validate data for institutional stakeholders.
4. Provide and coordinate collection and processing of data for various types of ad-hoc reports.
5. Collects, process, analyze, and verifies data and data sources in support of key internal and external projects.
6. Identify, analyze and interpret data trends or patterns in complex data sets and present to institutional stakeholders.
7. Filter and clean data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct problems, to include those related to code.
8. Work with institutional stakeholders to validate data released to external consumers.
9. Assist leadership in leveraging data to prioritize business and information needs.
10. Familiarity with Business Intelligence Tools (Power BI).
11. Experience and working knowledge of coding in Python or R.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a job related discipline: Mathematics, Economics, Data Analytics, Information Systems, Computer Science or Statistics.
- Three years of experience in a position that requires data analysis or information sciences duties and responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with business intelligence tools and statistical packages for analyzing databases (Excel, SPSS, SAS, and/or related).
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept in queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience working with Power BI.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills in identifying and prioritizing work activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to multi-task within a team oriented environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Five years of experience in a position that requires data analysis or information sciences duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in an academic research administration setting.
- Knowledge of UT System rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of financial data analysis.
- Proven ability to work well in a team setting.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter/independent worker.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems, On-line Analytical Reporting Tools
- Normal office conditions.
- Overtime hours occasionally required to meet deadlines.
- This position is a hybrid work modality, and will involve working remotely but may work on campus on an infrequent basis.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6415&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency