Regional Manager - Visitors Center
Represents Texas Tech University both on and off campus to prospective students, parents, staff and faculty to attract quality applicants and achieve enrollment goals. Manages full-time, part-time, and student staff. Assesses and generates market approaches and evaluates potential student markets to achieve stated university recruitment goals. Plans supervise and implements receptions, public relations and recruitment events in assigned region. Assesses programs to determine effectiveness. Partners with Alumni Association, Parent and Family Relations, and other campus community offices in university wide student recruitment efforts. Assists with the development and assessment of admission counselors' individual territory recruitment goals. Maintains detailed records of fiscal responsibilities including efficiently allocating allotted resources to maximize effectiveness.
- Partner with campus community office in university wide student recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate and implement on campus visits for prospective students, parents, and school counselors.
- Plan and implement on campus student recruitment events. Assess programs to determine effectiveness.
- Communicate effectively with prospective students, parents, and counselors through meetings and admissions presentations.
- Assist with ongoing training and development for visitor's center admission counselors.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of admissions policies and procedures, enrollment goals, university facts, knowledge of recruitment markets, and proficient use of admissions technology.
- Assist Executive Director with reporting and strategic planning.
- Maintain detailed records of fiscal responsibilities including efficiently allocating allotted resources to maximize effectiveness.
Bachelors degree plus three (3) years related experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience to equal seven (7) years.
- Experience in recruitment or admissions in higher education desirable.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Event planning, coordination, and implementation experience preferred.
- Customer service oriented.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills and ability to connect with a wide variety of people.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency