This ad is expired.
REGISTERED NURSE (Ambulatory Care-Livonia Center for Specialty Care- Chronic Hemodialysis)
Job Opening ID: 181501
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: U of M Livonia Dialysis Center
Posting Begin/End Date: 11/29/2019 12/06/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Nursing- All Nursing
Nursing- Procedural Services
Nursing- Ambulatory Care and Clinics
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
- Salary range for Registered Nurses- $65,840.24 - $104,150.85
- Evening Shift Differential- $2.45 per hour
- Night Shift Differential- $3.30 per hour
- Weekend Differential- $1.75 per hour
The benefit package includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off Allowances
- Robust Tuition and Certification support programs
- Large offering of no cost CEs and professional development for advancement
- To provide total nursing care to assigned Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patients on dialysis
- To maintain clinical expertise within our unique patient population which require specialized renal therapies
- To provide nursing advice and consultation to other health care team members
- To participate in all aspects of charge nurse duties; provide functional supervision exercised over Patient Care Technicians
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level F.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current RN license to practice in the State of Michigan
- One year of recent (within the last year) of Dialysis RN experience in a chronic setting, is required
- Ability to physically lift > 50 lbs
NOTE:Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Two (2) years of previous dialysis RN experience
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of current medical, surgical, and pharmaceutical treatment modalities of Chronic Kidney Disease patients
- CNN certification preferred
- Charge Nurse experience with demonstrated strong supervisory skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to work as a team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Hours: 40 hours per weekShift: Day/Evening rotation; shifts will vary and may be 8-hour shifts up to 10-hour shifts. Two Saturdays per schedule is required.Location: Livonia Center for Specialty Care: Chronic Hemodialysis
Note: All new employees will be expected to float to a designated unit(s) in times of low census.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/181501/registered_nurse_ambulatory_care-livonia_center_for_specialty_care-_chronic_hemodialysis
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency