This ad is expired.
Provost and SVP Academic Affairs
Texas Tech University (Texas Tech) invites nominations, inquiries, and applications for the role of Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs (Provost).
Specifically, the Provost reports to the President and is the most senior advisor to the President on all academic matters.
The Provost is the Chief Academic Officer of Texas Tech University and provides leadership for the overall academic mission of the University. Specifically, the Provost is responsible for the academic planning of the university; the quality of the educational experience through oversight of the curriculum and support of educational initiatives; the review of all faculty appointments, promotions, and tenure; compliance with institutional policies and external regulations, including accreditations; and establishing collaborations to support sustainable institutional budgeting, the development and enhancement of the research effort, and the expansion of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
The Provost will ensure excellence in academics throughout the institution while sustaining institutional enrollment and strengthening Texas Tech's current high academic standards for undergraduate and graduate students. The Provost will also coordinate activities with other institutional vice presidents that advance institutional strategic priorities and are an investment intended to enhance the national and international profile of Texas Tech's research, scholarship, and creative activity. In addition, the Provost will partner with institutional leaders in scholarship, outreach, and education to build regional, national, and international collaborations, and enhance the international reputation of Texas Tech.
For a full position description and list of qualifications, please visit TTU Provost Complete Description
Ideal candidates for the position will possess:
- A record of successful advocacy for the concerns and opportunities of the fields/disciplines of a large comprehensive public university including the arts & humanities, the social sciences, STEM, and the professional programs, along with the commitment and ability to bring effective multidisciplinary collaboration and outreach to achieve shared institutional goals.
- A wide range of excellent communication skills to clearly and succinctly articulate the Texas Tech academic mission and vision to both internal and external constituencies.
- Experience creating and fostering strategic partnerships aimed at enhancing the quality and diversity of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
- A commitment to hiring and retaining a high quality, diverse faculty and staff, and to encouraging diversity, inclusion, and equity at all levels of the institution.
- Executive presence and strong planning, execution, and collaborative skills.
- Experience working with faculty, staff, and students to promote academic excellence, equity, and diversity throughout the institution.
- A demonstrated commitment to the concept of a student-centered institution, with a strong student orientation and a dedication to preparing students for success in a global environment.
- Unquestioned integrity and demonstrated leadership accomplishments and administrative abilities.
- A strong commitment to shared university governance.
- Significant budgetary management skills and the ability to ensure institutional accountability, fiscal responsibility, and the effective performance of all academic divisions in the University.
- A strong understanding of the workings of a complex university system, to include knowledge and experience concerning current est practices in higher education, skillful resource allocation, and familiarity with the business operations of other successful large comprehensive organizations.
An earned terminal degree from an accredited institution and demonstrate a record of research/scholarly excellence meriting appointment as a full professor with tenure in a university academic department as well as an accomplished record of achievement in extramural funding.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. The university welcomes applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, persons with disabilities, and dual-career couples.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency