Programmer Analyst III
Data Mgmt for Financial Resources
The Programmer Analyst III's role is to develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements. This position will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. Additionally, the Programmer Analyst III is also responsible for supervising and/or leading the development of new systems, directing changes to existing systems and controlling the interfaces between the systems, initiating complex feasibility studies and making recommendations of the action to be taken.
- While limited management oversight may be expected for specific projects, this position is expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of the following duties
- Performs systems analysis, develops, and reviews programming code defined in project plans to meet design specifications, customer requirements, and/or applies vendor supplied upgrades
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user or system design specifications
- Completes application modifications to enhance functionality, adapt to technology changes, and to correct application errors
- Supervises and/or leads programming projects and initiatives, as assigned by management
- Completes other programming tasks, as assigned by management
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus three (3) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience. Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with SQL
- Intermediate to advanced experience with analytical platforms such as Cognos, Tableau, Power BI
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Advanced level analytical and design skills, including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem-solving
- Advanced level understanding of programming languages, syntax structures, and data management techniques
- Advanced level understanding of database design and development concepts and standards
- Training in computer programming through education or experience
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency