This ad is expired.
Program Coordinator - Special Programs & Outreach
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokanes innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Program Coordinator-Special Programs & Outreach
This position is responsible for the following:
- Advise students, staff, the public and/or agencies on complex federal, state and university requirements and polices related to financial aid. Exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying rules and regulations. Select and recommend alternative courses of action.
- Evaluate and award financial aid in accordance with federal, state and university polices.
- Serve as office expert for Special Programs including off-campus programs, non-standard programs, on-line programs, consortium agreements and study abroad.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years of financial aid experience, or a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a finance, accounting, or lending position.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility, or diversity.
- Bachelors degree and experience in financial aid.
- Public speaking experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Conditions of Employment:
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Salary Information: $36,732 $40,308
Posting Date: 08/05/2020
Open Until Further Notice: No
Closing Date: 8/28/2020
Screening to Begin: 08/31/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/5945
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency