Patient Coordinator, Group Practice, Sdm Clinical Affairs (23500108950506)
Tracking Code: 23500108950506
Reporting directly to the Clinic Practice Manager, the Patient Coordinator in working as part of the a team within the Group Practice Model ensures excellent customer service for both patients and students. This position strives to make each phase of the patient treatment a very positive experience from initial phone call on through the completion of the dental treatment care. Provides support in the function of scheduling patient appointments, updating patient information, payment collections, billing inquiries, answer the telephone, run reports, and overall support to the Group Practice Team with their patient care management.
High School Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred and 1-3 years' work experience.
Act as the primary point of contact for patients within the Group Practice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to student providers by contacting patients and booking all patient appointments
- Assist student providers and patients with patient questions and concerns escalating unresolved issues to Practice Manager or Practice Leader
- Answering calls including voicemails and responding to patient emails
- Run and maintain patient waitlist reports and review scheduling opportunities including emergencies and backfill patients into student provider open slots
- Review phone call and utilization reports to aid in optimal use of chair time, update scheduled patient appointment status to indicate cancelled or no show appointment, send patient follow-up letters based on the established discontinuance protocols for patients who have become hard to contact, who have consecutive failed appointments and who have selected self-discontinuance established by the Office of Clinical Affairs
- Perform patient check-in duties including updating patient demographics, updating patient insurance information, verify patient eligibility, verify consent, verify signed treatment plan, accept payment and provide patient with receipt, and notify provider of patient's arrival
- Perform check-out duties including booking follow-up appointment if needed, collect outstanding balance resulting from appointment, process bills/invoices, and walk-out statement for services provided, provide patient with appointment card, notify patient of required payment due at next session, verify session close
- Perform closing duties including ensuring all charges have been processed for the day
- Perform the reconciliation of the daily payment transactions - cash/check/credit card, bring collection bag to cashier in the Office of Finance at the end of each day
- Other duties and assignment of work in support of the clinic operations, and patient care services, as needed
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston Universitys COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the Universitys response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location: BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary Grade: Grade 44
To apply, visit https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=312198&company_id=15509&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=1018628&aid=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency