Office Manager ( Quad Cities) NEW
- Work Department: School of Engineering and Technology
- Class Title/Code: Office Manager (3266)
- Effective Date: Sep 19, 2022
A(n) Office Manager typically -
- relieves the designated member(s) of the unit staff of numerous personal contacts and determines an appropriate course of action;
- reviews incoming mail for the designated member(s) of the unit staff, selects and responds to items within the scope of responsibility;
- keyboards documents containing confidential or sensitive information; transcribes and/or records confidential or sensitive information; independently composes and provides drafts of correspondence, memos, and reports that represent the position(s) of the designated member(s) of the unit staff;
- establishes and revises the calendar(s) of the designated member(s) of the unit staff, informing him/her/them of impending engagements;
- coordinates logistical arrangements relating to conferences and meetings, and prepares necessary materials and travel for the designated member(s) of the unit staff;
- establishes and maintains the confidential records and files of the designated member(s) of the unit staff;
- maintains records of unit fiscal transactions involving a variety of accounts and provides advice regarding the appropriateness of requested expenditures;
- assists in the creation of publications for internal and external audiences (brochures, posters, letterhead, websites, social media accounts, etc.);
- attends meetings as a delegate for the designated member(s) of the unit staff when requested;
- researches as requested and reports information which requires the evaluation of sources or the application of regulations and procedures to specific cases;
- establishes and maintains inventory records, conducting periodic checks for inventory control purposes;
- anticipates and responds to the detailed office support needs of the designated member(s) of the unit staff through the independent performance of lower level duties or supervision of assigned staff;
- plans, organizes, assigns, and reviews the work of the unit's administrative support staff and participates in their selection, training, and evaluation; coordination of searches;
- provides information to students regarding the major/minor program, such as the application process, scheduling classes, graduation requirements, etc.;
- performs duties listed in the lower level of this classification series;
- performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience comparable to the third level of this series.
- Starting Salary: $15.04/ Hourly
- Application Deadline: Oct 3, 2022
Employment - Information & Instructions
Complete an Employment Application online. Submit supplemental application materials, which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume, and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu.
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency