Library Technician I - Henderson Campus
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Based on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing effective leadership for the department, including supervision of two library assistants and several student workers;
- Scheduling and ensuring coverage of the circulation desk during all open hours;
- Putting together and justifying a budget for student workers;
- Managing the library's reserves collection, including the requesting of materials;
- Handling patron issues, as they arise;
- Communicating and enforcing library circulation and library space use policies, and making recommendations for changes as needed;
- Working with the other heads of circulation to ensure consistent and reliable services across all campuses;
- Ensuring all needed office supplies are available;
- In the absence of the reference librarian, respond to quick reference questions using the CSN Library website;
- Preparing for the library's projected 2021 move to a new library building, including managing the setup of the new circulation department.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of increasingly responsible experience working in a library; OR one year of experience as a Library Assistant III in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year or more of working in a library circulation department;
- Experience supervising others;
- Experience with Ex Libris' Alma, or another library services platform (LSP) or integrated library system (ILS)
Grade 27, Step 1 - Grade 27 Step 10
To be considered for this position, upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-external/job/CSN---Henderson-Campus/Library-Technician-I---Henderson-Campus_R0119120
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency