Salary: $5,156.00 Monthly
Job Type: Classified Contract
Job Number: 21-22/00015
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Closing: 10/7/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, coordinate the District's graphic design office; design and prepare camera-ready material including promotional material, flyers, brochures, and booklets; coordinate production schedules and deadlines.
- Create graphic layouts; design projects for a variety of subject areas; select appropriate material and supplies;
- Produce designed material involving creative design, editing, illustration, photography, and more;
- Assess client needs for website development and design websites to meet those needs; develop, implement, and maintain website designs;
- Research current and emerging design trends and technology to improve the functionality of designed pieces and websites;
- Confer with administrators, faculty, and staff to design, coordinate, and schedule projects;
- Estimate project costs; monitor budgets; confer with print shop and vendors on supply needs;
- Maintain related files and samples;
- Assist supervisor in development of annual design budget;
- Coordinate work with print shop; consult with instructional staff and students on design creation, deadlines, and availability;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of a community college environment.
- Experience accessing and using information resources for graphic design, designing publications, using graphic layout software applications, and other visual media.
- Knowledge of:
- Preparation techniques for various mediums including graphics layout, production, copy design, and others.
- Operation and maintenance of graphic art and photographic equipment.
- Design trends, printing options, typography, digital photography, Photoshop preparation, and other related subjects.
- Principles and theory of graphic design, research techniques, and methods used to create graphic images, website designs, basic publishing, and marketing techniques.
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and vocabulary; ability to type and proofread accurately.
- Ability to:
- Creatively integrate client concepts to develop an appealing electronic graphic presentation, understand and access emerging graphic technologies as they apply to the Internet, manage project design from inception to completion within established timelines.
- Make primary contributions to the college's public image through design of its graphic communications.
- Prioritize and schedule work, estimate production costs, work within a budget, and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively and establish cooperative working relationships with staff, administrators, faculty, students, and others contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Any combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of this would be completion of high school with supplemental coursework in art design, layout, and graphic techniques; and responsible experience in a commercial and/or in-house design operation serving multiple clients.
This position requires exposure to hazardous chemicals, potentially dangerous electrical equipment, bright lights and high noise level of the process camera.
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm. Hours may vary according to assignment.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of college level transcripts (if you are using your education to meet the qualifications) (photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position. Starting date: as soon as possible. Range 25 of the CSEA Salary Schedule, with a starting salary of Step A, $5,156. Upon conditional job offer, applicant must provide the District proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit to and pass a background check as a prerequisite to being hired.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey/jobs/3231175/graphic-artist
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency