This ad is expired.
Grant Accountant III - Research, Economic Development, and Knowledge Enterprise
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6402
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 08/10/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $39,703 - $65,507/Annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: To assist in the financial management of sponsored projects through the application of basic fiscal principles and administrative regulations governing grants and contracts.
Scope: Responsible for the application of advanced accounting knowledge to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements and the acquisition of extramural funds.
1. Oversee Accounts Receivable management/collections.
2. Prepare Letter of Credit drawdowns.
3. Prepare financial reports.
4. Evaluate financial activities of service/recharge centers and facilities.
5. Assist in the implementation of cost accounting procedures.
6. Respond to various data requests/statistics.
7. Initiate award accounts and set up budgets.
8. Provide direction and guidance to Grant Accountant I and II.
9. Assist in the preparation of the Annual Financial Report.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Assist with or lead special projects as directed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Four years of experience in grant or related accounting and/or post award administration of sponsored projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in accounting or a related field.
- Four years of grant accounting experience to include financial reporting and account reconciliation.
- Similar experience in a governmental or higher education environment.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Normal office conditions.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6402&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency