This ad is expired.
Foster Parent Recruitment Coordinator
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokanes innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
The College of Social Sciences at Eastern Washington University and our Family Resource and Training Center (FRTC) invites applications for a Foster Parent Recruitment Coordinator.
The EWU Foster Parent Recruitment Coordinator serves as a leader to provide coordination and sustainability of the regional recruitment of Resource Families. They will have regional responsibility for the Statewide Recruitment plan, regional recruitment plan and RPM program. This position will also facilitate and organize the Recruitment Council. Scope of work and activities include, but are not limited to: Recruitment, Retention, and Administrative work.
The Family Resource & Training Center is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. This position is responsible for Region 1, and Coeur d'Alene will be the duty station. This position will require the selected candidate to travel as needed to fulfill the position job duties, up to 20% of work time approximately. Travel will occur throughout the state and will include multi-day/overnight trips. Travel will be required for supervision, training purposes, and multi-day conferences. Monthly travel is required to attend meetings and/or fulfill other work related functions.
This position will supervise non-student hourly employees in Region 1. Collaboration, coordination, data collection, communication, and reporting will be major functions of the job.
Applications will be accepted through Aug 17, 2020; screening of applications will begin the next day. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
See Job Duties section for detailed description of the position's responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree (any field).
- Recruitment experience.
- Knowledge of working with foster care children.
- Strong data, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and/or supervisory skills.
- Strong computer skills including programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, and database.
- Ability to travel as described in the Conditions of Employment, as needed, up to 20% of work time.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal accessibility, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Child welfare experience, including understanding the responsibilities associated with child welfare systems.
- At least two years supervisory experience.
- Three or more years experience in social services.
- Organizational leadership and/or program development experience.
- Licensed social worker.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a 100% administrative exempt position funded under a grant contract. Continuation of the position is contingent on availability of contract funding.
- Position is located in Coeur dAlene, Idaho.
- This position will required the selected candidate to travel as needed to fulfill the position job duties, up to 20% of work time approximately. Travel will occur throughout the state of Idaho, and could include multi-day/overnight trips. Travel will be required for supervision, training purposes, and multi-day conferences. Use of personal vehicle is reimbursed at the approved rate per Idaho State Travel Policy and Procedures in effect on date of travel.
Salary Information: $48,781 Minimum, non-negotiable
Posting Date: 08/04/2020
Open Until Further Notice: No
Closing Date: 8/17/2020
Screening to Begin: 8/18/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/5935
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency