This ad is expired.
Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, oversee and maintain inventories of athletic equipment and supplies; assist the athletic staff in the organization, safety checking and appropriate storage instructional and athletic equipment; maintain accurate records and support student athletes with equipment needs on all home and away game days.
- Classified Bargaining Unit, Range 8
- This position is 725 hours per academic year.
- Schedule for this position varies.
- Primary location is Palm Desert Campus.
- The schedule and location is subject to change based on District need
- Assist students with proper fitting and care of helmets, shoulder pads and other basic safety and athletic equipment. Respond to questions regarding proper fit and sizing.
- Assist supervisor in the organization and management of all athletic equipment. Assist supervisor in the instruction of proper use and care of instructional equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of equipment use by students; maintain student files on the checking-in and checking-out of equipment.
- Monitor equipment storage area for safety and report student safety issues to the supervisor. Communicate with custodial staff as to the cleanliness of student work area.
- Order and distribute supplies and equipment; maintain accurate inventory of supplies and equipment assigned to department or program. Issue and receive instructional supplies and equipment. Research and compile data for reconditioning and replacement of supplies and equipment.
- Perform a variety of duties for away games, including packing, loading and transport of supplies and equipment. Assist supervisor with equipment issues during all home and away games.
- Oversee and instruct student workers with the cleaning and folding of uniforms and other safety equipment. Perform laundry in absence of student workers.
- Assist Athletic Trainer with hazard materials assessment, including blood borne pathogen awareness and training.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and one year related experience working with students.
Experience ordering, issuing, maintaining, and/or repairing football equipment. Experience working within a high school or college athletics program.
Knowledge of: Athletic equipment maintenance, storage and inventory; uniform care and repair; health and safety regulations; regulations, policies and procedures involved in assigned activities and department; interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy when interacting with student-athletes from diverse backgrounds; record keeping techniques; and time management and organizational efficiency techniques.
Ability to: Lift, carry or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds; work outside in hot weather conditions; work cooperatively with others; learn techniques relating to proper fitting of safety equipment for student-athletes; use power hand tools in the maintenance of shoe cleats; operate equipment used in maintaining athletic inventory; travel to away contests; understand, interpret and apply department rules and policies related to proper functioning of athletic programs; determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines; and work cooperatively with athletic coaching staff; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; meet schedules and timelines; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; operate a variety of office machines including a computer and applicable software e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, database and email, maintain records and prepare reports.
Working Conditions: WORKING CONDITIONS
Environment: Inside: working in small quarters, with constant interruptions. Outside: working in hot and cold extreme weather conditions. Travel to away games required. Evening and weekend assignments required.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Weekly Working Hours: other
Work Schedule & Hours:
Salary Schedule Range: Range 8
Specific Departmental Needs:
Posting Number: 21-065
Number of Vacancies:
Desired Start Date:
Interview Date: 09/02/2021
Posting Open Date: 07/21/2021
Posting Close Date:
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS: Applications missing any of the required documents listed will not be considered. The following documents are required at the time of application:
- Online Application: Please fill out your online application completely with all requested details.
- Resume: Must include length of employment (month/year start & end dates) for each employer.
- Cover Letter: Please address how you meet the minimum requirements for this position and any special qualifications you possess.
IN YOUR APPLICATION
- List of Professional References: List of Professional References: References should include at three supervisors and two colleagues. Please include name, title, email, and current phone numbers for all references in your application. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of the required addition of Professional References.
To apply, visit https://cod.peopleadmin.com/postings/5154
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency