Director-NYC Regional Bilingual Education Resource Network (RBERN)*
(Continuation is contingent upon additional funding)
Graduate School of Education, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The Director of the Fordham New York City Regional Bilingual Education Resource Network (RBERN) will implement and coordinate activities in accordance with Fordham's RBERN Action plan to serve the 149,000 MLLs/ELLs in schools throughout New York City.
- Works under the direction of the Associate Dean/Director of the Center for Educational Partnerships.
- Supervises 7 full time and two part-time Resources Specialists and the administrative assistant.
- Acts as liaison with staff of NYSED Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages (OBEWL) and attends monthly meetings in Albany.
- Directs day-to-day activities of the Fordham NYC-RBERN.
- Implements the RBERN's Action Plan.
- Provides Professional Development in compliance and technical assistance to districts and schools to address the needs of MLL/ELL students
- Communicates with the New York State Department of Education regions served by the RBE-RNs and statewide networks.
- Disseminates and assists schools with information related to state and federal policies, regulations,
- Supports the most current research base for all MLL/ELL services for pedagogy and practice
- Develops/facilitates outreach to agencies, organizations, IHEs, entities for purposes of program collaboration, development, and support for the RBE-RN
- A Master's Degree or above in Bilingual Education or TESOL
- 10 years of teaching experience; 10 years of experience as an administrator
- Experience in professional development focusing on research-based best practices for teaching MLLs/ELLs
- Experience in developing/aligning curriculum for MLLs/ELLs, school improvement and education reform issues
- Administrative experience in school-based, district-wide, and region-wide programs
- Expertise in collaboration with large networks of schools and government agencies
- Skilled in budget administration and management
- NY State certification as a school administrator
- New York State certification as bilingual/ESL teacher
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: August 2021
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Anita Batisti, Ph.D., Associate Dean
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency