Position Title & Department: College of Arts and Sciences Department Coordinator; College of Arts and Sciences
Posting #: 4774
As the liberal arts heart of the University of San Diego, the College of Arts and Sciences is filled with students who are versatile and multi-talented. No matter their major, graduates from the college are equipped with transferable skills that benefit them wherever their professional and personal ambitions lead.
Founded in 1949, the college has a rich history of providing the core curriculum for every undergraduate USD student, a tradition that continues today. By offering 29 majors, 37 minors, and 3 graduate programs, the college is where undergraduate students begin and graduate students refine their paths toward academic excellence and personal achievement.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness, and beauty. Inspired by this centuries-old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanitys urgent challenges.
This recruitment is open to current University of San Diego employees only. Only current USD employees are eligible to apply and be considered for this position.
Responsible for managing, coordinating, monitoring, and implementing fiscal and operational resources of the College. Provides programmatic support involving detailed and complex administrative work. Oversees College department budgets, personnel/HR, and liaisons with marketing, development, and operations to ensure cohesion within the College. Trains and supports department chairs, program directors, and department EAs on budget processes, HR-related activities, marketing, and development work. The Program Coordinator supports the efficient and effective functioning of programs in the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Assistant Dean in the annual review and coordination of the overall budget for the College.
- Trains and assists department chairs, program directors, and department EAs regarding budget processes and procedures.
- Monitors revenues and expenditures.
- Assists with post-award grant activities.
- Collaborates with Assistant Dean in annual planning and preparation of operating budget for all College accounts/programs.
- Maintains all records, generates reports, analyzes expenditures, and audits budgets and accounts of departments, programs, and endowments.
- Oversees the reconciliation of College budget and solves discrepancies with Accounting.
Human Resources Administration:
- Assists with all full and part-time faculty teaching contacts and monitors faculty salary budget. Creates, updates, and disseminates contracts. Conducts detailed tracking of documentation through the process of obtaining appropriate signatures.
- Monitors faculty workload to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Serves as the College's liaison to Human Resources on a variety of employment matters.
- Provide leadership to support staff.
- Supports Assistant Dean in coordinating personnel and resources for Special projects.
Development and Marketing:
- Serves as a liaison between departments and College Marketing office.
- Editing and formatting department materials for College marketing purposes.
- Develops marketing approaches through collaboration with Marketing and Communications staff, and with others involved in marketing activities.
- Is informed and knowledgeable about current University marketing and communications standards.
- Serves as a liaison between departments and College Development office.
- Coordinates with the Development Director on restricted accounts and annual endowment reports.
- Works with College Dean's Office, departments, and centers to provide administrative support when necessary.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Effective June 1, 2023, based on CDC guidance, the University strongly encourages all campus members to stay up to date with Influenza and COVID-19 vaccination recommendations. For more regarding information USD's COVID-19 protocols, please visit sandiego.edu/onward.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Experience at USD preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of legal action related to immigration, contracts, and employment issues as well as regulations pertaining to accounting.
- Must demonstrate excellent written, arithmetical, and interpersonal skills.
- Administrative experience with exercise of independent judgment, prioritizing work, and delegating work to others
- Excellent computer skills to perform daily tasks, interface with other systems across campus and provide technical support as needed.
- Knowledge of accounting, accounting systems, budget procedures, and analysis.
- Excellent oral and written skills in order to communicate in an effective and appropriate professional manner.
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly.
- Ability to efficiently compose appropriate and accurate documentation, correspondence, and reports in proper form.
- Effective personal skills to deal with constituents inside and outside the University.
- Ability to deal with difficult and sensitive issues, people, and circumstances.
- Ability to deal with vendors and professional community and establish good business/working relationships.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of Dean, Associate/Assistant Deans, and all operations relating to faculty, and staff.
- Multi-tasking is required constantly on a day-to-day basis.
- Confidence to function in high-volume, stressful environment.
- A high degree of initiative and autonomy is required.
- Responsibility for the work of others.
- Problem solving required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, people, and resources on a daily basis.
- Ability to facilitate planning.
$5,373.34 - 5,546.67 per month; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
The salary range provided in this posting reflects what we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Actual compensation offered or earned is dependent on experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.
Special Application Instructions:
Resume Required, Cover Letter Preferred Click the 'Apply Now' button to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume to your application profile for the hiring managers review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: November 17, 2023
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/496547/department-coordinator
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency