This ad is expired.
Data Operations Specialist
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off. Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Development - Systems Management
Campus/Location: Lincoln Center (LC) - NYC
Location: Lincoln Center Campus - NYC
The Data Operations Specialist will serve as an experienced Microsoft Dynamics 365 data management expert who is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive strategies for the routine gathering, normalizing, and import of data from a variety of sources into the systems of the Office of Development and University Relations (DAUR). The Specialist will become an expert in relevant business content areas and data sources.
The Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Advancement Services and will work closely with the DAUR Analytics and Systems team. They will also collaborate with Fordham IT and other University business partners.
- Plans, creates, and maintains schedules for key data retrieval and import activities.
- Develops or makes use of tools to retrieve and transform data in accordance with DAUR and University standards for use in DAUR systems.
- Develops and implements protocols to systematize data imports, identifies problems with datasets and routine import processes, and monitors and rectifies exceptions.
- Works toward the automation of routine tasks and uses innovative data transfer and intake approaches.
- Documents processes for data consumption projects.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, business, or related field.
- A minimum of three to five years of related professional experience.
- Demonstrable data management experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365; advanced proficiency in Excel and Access; fluent in SQL. Postman experience is a plus.
- SQL database experience with MS SQL Management Studio SSIS, SSRS, query performance tunings, database development, implementation, data manipulation and complex custom reports, and underlying data models.
- Must have demonstrated competence performing simple to advanced data analysis tasks.
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, being proactive, remaining flexible and resilient and must have a strong sense of focus and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience managing data projects and implementing process improvements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audience; communicates effectively and frequently, both verbally and in writing, with team members and business partners.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Able to comprehend complex data project requirements and translate them into an actionable execution plan and communicate project overviews to general audiences.
- Experience working in higher education or non-profit institutions, especially in the areas of advancement, fundraising, or marketing and communications.
- Experience with data science, Azure, Power BI
To apply, please visit: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/2667
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency