This ad is expired.
Data Consultant 1
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokanes innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University and its Office of Institutional Research, seeks applications for the position of Data Consultant 1
Under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Research, the Data Consultant 1 will perform entry-level activities to assist higher-level data consultants, report creators, and/or Directors with the following:
- Assisting with the development, design, implementation, maintenance and modification of complex research projects involving data collection, algorithms, data manipulation, analytical modeling, data warehousing, and computer applications and reporting systems
- Assisting with data mining, statistical reasoning, and statistical procedures
- Developing dashboards and reports by extracting data from information systems
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
- Bachelors degree in statistics, data science, data analytics, computer science, economics, or mathematics with coursework in mathematical statistics (theory) and general linear models
- Experience analyzing descriptive and inferential statistics using the R programming language (Python, STATA, SAS or similar will also be considered)
- Experience gathering data using SQL programming
- Excellent reproducible research habits (Git, clean coding practices, etc.)
- Demonstrated thorough data cleaning methods that produce accurate results
- Demonstrated ability to learn new statistical/machine learning methods
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Knowledge and implementation of machine/statistical learning methodology (predictive modeling workflow)
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods such as longitudinal data analysis and time-series
- R package development experience
- Experience presenting research and/or statistical findings and methods to technical and non-technical constituents
- Experience creating Tableau dashboards or R Shiny applications
- Experience working with higher education data (Banner systems)
Other Skills and Abilities:
Specific Position Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or collaboratively when needed
- Demonstrated ability to deal with critical and time-sensitive processes
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of verbal or written documents and sensitive data
- Foster a culture of ethical research, a commitment to diversity, and encourage a supportive, team-oriented work environment
Conditions of Employment:
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Salary Information: $41,256 $53,856
Posting Date: 08/13/2020
Open Until Further Notice: No
Closing Date: 9/3/2020
Screening to Begin: 09/04/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/5954
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency