This ad is expired.
Custodian, full-time (2 vacancies)
Under the direction of the Custodial Supervisor or Administrative Services Supervisor-CMC, perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or facility to maintain buildings, locker rooms and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS Classified Bargaining Unit, Range 8
This position is scheduled 40 hours a week, 12 months a year
The overnight schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m.
The primary location is Palm Desert Campus
Schedule and location is subject to change based on District needs.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIESEssential Functions
- Perform a variety of custodial activities; sweep, scrub, mop, wax and polish floors and vacuum rugs and carpets in classrooms, offices, workshops and other work areas; spot clean and shampoo carpets.
- Clean classrooms, restrooms, showers, locker rooms, shops, cafeteria, offices and related facilities as assigned; sweep, mop and clean gymnasium floor; mop spills and remove gum and debris.
- Clean and disinfect drinking fountains, sinks, toilets, showers and urinals; fill dispensers with towels, soap, toilet paper and others items; clean mirrors, tile and windows; dust and polish furniture and woodwork.
- Wash windows and walls; clean chalkboards and erasers and empty pencil sharpeners.
- Lock and unlock doors and gates as appropriate; maintain security of assigned areas according to established guidelines; turn alarm system on and off.
- Pick up paper, trash and debris around school grounds and in buildings; sweep and clean walkways and entrances; empty and clean trash and garbage cans; replace liners.
- Operate cleaning equipment such as vacuums, buffer, carpet cleaner and sweeper and utilize mops, brooms and other related equipment.
- Set up lecture hall for classes and events as required; move furniture and set up chairs, tables, bleachers and other facilities for special events and activities.
- Assist with security during special events and activities.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCEAny combination equivalent to: Graduation from high school and one year experience performing custodian duties.
Knowledge of:Basic methods, materials, tools and equipment used in custodial work and routine maintenance; proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies; proper lifting techniques.
Ability to:Perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or facility to maintain buildings, locker rooms and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition; use cleaning materials, equipment and methods according to pre-determined standards; learn and apply knowledge of the schedules, procedures and use of equipment and supplies used in custodial work; learn appropriate safety precautions and procedures; maintain tools and equipment signed in clean working order and provide proper security; observe and report need for maintenance and repair; understand and follow oral and written directions; meet schedules and time lines; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing; move heavy furniture and equipment; climb ladders to replace lights; walk or stand for extended periods; bend at the waist, kneel or crouch; reach overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
Working Conditions: WORKING CONDITIONS Environment: Indoor and outdoor work environment. Regular exposure to fumes, dust and odors. Evening or variable hours. Hazards: Contact with cleaning agents and chemicals.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Weekly Working Hours: 40
Work Schedule & Hours: Monday - 8:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m., Tuesday - 8:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m., Wednesday - 8:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m., Thursday - 8:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m., Friday - 8:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m.
Salary Schedule Range: Classified Salary Schedule, Range 8
Specific Departmental Needs:
Posting Number: 21-071
Number of Vacancies: 2
Desired Start Date:
Interview Date: 09/03/2021
Posting Open Date: 07/28/2021
Posting Close Date:
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Special Instructions REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS: Applications missing any of the required documents listed will not be considered. The following documents are required at the time of application:
- Online Application: Please fill out your online application completely with all requested details.
- Resume: Must include length of employment (month/year start & end dates) for each employer.
- Cover Letter: Please address how you meet the minimum requirements for this position and any special qualifications you possess.
IN YOUR APPLICATION
- List of Professional References: List of Professional References: References should include at three supervisors and two colleagues. Please include name, title, email, and current phone numbers for all references in your application. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of the required addition of Professional References.
To apply, visit https://cod.peopleadmin.com/postings/5190
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency