Full/ Part Time:Full Time
To view full job description including minimum qualifications: https://wsx.fresnostate.edu/x/?k=hrjov1&v=13541
Apply directly online: https://my.fresnostate.edu/hrs/?k=CE&v=E
Salary Range: $2,600 per month
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $2,600 per month
Note: This full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), non-exempt position is temporary and expected to terminate on or before one year from the date of hire. Extension of this assignment is contingent upon sufficient additional funding and satisfactory performance. Eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus paid vacation, sick leave, etc.
Note: Multiple positions will be filled on an as-needed basis from this continuous recruitment.
Under general supervision, provides general cleaning and custodial care and support for assigned campus buildings, facilities, structures and adjacent areas and/or portions thereof, including, but not limited to, campus offices, classrooms, science laboratories, art rooms, auditoriums, gymnasiums, locker rooms, health and child care centers, patios, entryways, walkways, and workshops. Custodial staff may work independently or as part of a custodial team.
- Clean and maintain assigned areas, including such activities as dusting and cleaning all surfaces; removing trash and recyclables; cleaning and disinfecting restrooms and replenishing supplies; cleaning glass doors, windows, and blinds; cleaning off graffiti; cleaning furniture and upholstery; cleaning light fixtures; polishing woodwork and metal surfaces; cleaning stairwells, walkways, and elevators; and performing general housekeeping; clean and maintain campus floors, including sweeping; dry and/or wet mopping; stripping, sealing, waxing, and polishing floors; vacuuming; spot and full cleaning of carpets; and use and care for powered floor cleaning equipment
- Provide custodial support, including activities such as responding to custodial/cleaning emergencies; replacing lamps in light fixtures; safeguarding assigned areas from unauthorized use and access by locking and unlocking doors and windows; arranging and setting up furniture, equipment, and related items
- Provide general campus support by reporting facility repair needs identified during custodial rounds; serving as a special event custodian; and participating in campus event set-up and clean up, including moving bleachers; identify and organize necessary work materials and equipment, which may include loading and unloading cleaning supplies, and materials
- Operate and maintain appropriate hand and powered equipment and tools, supplies, and materials to perform assigned duties; some positions may be required to use a motor vehicle, such as a truck, or electric cart to transport custodial equipment, materials, and supplies
- Maintaina professional-like attitude at all times while on duty
- Maintain regular attendance
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to:
- Read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Follow verbal and written instructions to ensure safety
- Operate and care for custodial equipment and supplies applicable to the position
- Use two-way radios for communication
- Observe safety requirements and safe work practices and methods as required
- Perform work involving regular physical activity
- Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships
- Lift or move up to 50pounds¿
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency