Course Materials Coordinator - KSU Bookstores
Job ID: 244092
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Provides direct support to the department management in daily operations and functions related to course materials activity at all KSU Bookstore locations. The responsibilities have a specific emphasis on the collection and processing of course material adoption information for all KSU courses, including those taught through the College of Professional Education but significant responsibilities stem from serving in a full-time support role for all course material operations.
1. Primary responsibility for managing the entire course materials adoption process such as requesting and/or collecting adoption information from departments, vetting of adoption information, entry of adoptions into business system database, price verifications, order decisions, generating Purchase Orders, assisting with Inclusive Access processes, etc.
2. Serves as main point of contact for faculty and departmental staff, communicates important dates and process information, provides updates on adoptions, resolves problems, etc.
3. Assists with the acquisition of course materials as well as related returns processes
4. Assists with overall supervision of student assistant staff, assigns tasks, monitors work, scheduling, hiring, etc.
5. Helps facilitate overall organization and cleanliness of textbook floor and all related storage areas
6. Assists with management and follow-up of all back order lists
7. Works closely with other departments on such things as shipping and/or Receiving issues, Web Orders, Dual Enrollment books, Scholarship Athletes, General Merchandise (GM) Team (course kits, supplies, bar charts, technology, etc.)
8. Assists with customer service support, concerns, issues and problem resolution and helps assure other department staff provide the highest levels of service
9. Supports and assists department leadership, as-needed, in executing all other departmental functions
High School diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Two (2) years of related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to analyze and research information
Able to create and maintain relationships with vendors and/or publishers
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge and understanding of inventory management
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Leadership and supervisory abilities
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite) and ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + DMV + 9 Panel Drug
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=244092&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency