This ad is expired.
Corporate Trainer, Medical Interpreter Dari/Pashto (Part Time)
Salt Lake Community College
Position Title: Corporate Trainer, Medical Interpreter Dari/Pashto (Part Time)
Open Internally or Externally: External
If faculty, tenure track status: Not Applicable
Reports to (title): Program Manager
Department: Continuing Education (Workforce & Econ Dev)-2U1
Requisition Number: P24171
Position Type: Replacement
Job Category: Part-Time Staff - Variable
Initial Work Location: Varies
Starting Salary: $50.00-$55.00 per hour
Job Open Date: 02/09/2024
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Priority Review Date:
Job Summary: Instructor will be responsible for all tasks and activities related to the Medical Interpreter- Dari & Pashto course instruction. This includes lesson plans, maintaining student records in Canvas, tracking, and recording grades, clearly communicating expectations, and providing feedback to students on their progress.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: 1. Responsible for all tasks and activities related to the delivery of the course content.
2. Maintain records of student performance, including test administration and posting of all grades into appropriate on-line system.
3. Responsible for the management of an effective learning environment, including communication with students through electronic methods as well as in class.
4. Follow approved course curriculum, per college policy, assuring successful completion of identified student learning outcomes.
5. Maintain current industry standards and best practices as appropriate.
6. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to program goals, as well as Division, School and College policies, Mission, and Values.
7. Attend required training and departmental meetings.
8. Give timely feedback to students on assignments, quizzes, exams, projects; clearly communicate expectation related to coursework.
9. Maintain open line of communication with program manager/coordinator.
10. Maintain student records as required by the program (i.e., grades, attendance, waivers, etc.).
11. Adapt curriculum to meet changing industry trends and/or standards.
12. Engage students through classroom discussions and activities.
13. Ensure students are given multiple opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills they will need to successfully complete the course, apply what they have learned and demonstrate they are developing the skills necessary to be successful.
14. When appropriate, assist in identifying student placement or career advancement opportunities.
15. Other duties as needed to support program success.Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities and special needs.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued:
Minimum Qualifications: Baccalaureate degree OR professional certifications OR DOPL licensing (specific documented training or work experience may be substituted for education on a two for one year basis)
Proficient in Dari/Pashto and English languages.
Preferred Qualifications: Baccalaureate or Graduate degree preferred. Professional certifications, specific documented training and additional related work experience may be substituted for education on a two for one year basis.One year teaching experience. Prior experience working with adult learners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: 1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.2. Strong interpersonal communication skills.3. Computer and software skills (Email).4. Able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.5. Must be adaptable, flexible, and have the ability to multi-task.6. Demonstrates proficiency and passion for teaching.7. Track and keep records of student enrollment and progress.8. Must be dependable. Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities and special needs.
Special Instructions: 1. Please attach Resume, copies of credentials or certificates and transcripts.2. Official Transcripts are required to be submitted within 30 days of hire from those who are offered employment.3. Salt Lake Community College may perform a criminal background check on the selected finalist.
SLCC Highlights: Salt Lake Community College is Utahs largest open-access college with the most diverse student body in the state. We proudly educate 45,000+ students pursuing degrees in 100+ programs across 8 areas of study, and Utahs fastest growing industries and four-year baccalaureate programs consistently welcome SLCC graduates. Every SLCC employee has a hand in transforming students lives to strengthen its surrounding communities. SLCC employees work at 11 locations across the valley and capital city of Salt Lake with easy access to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, world-class outdoor recreation, sporting events, museums, history, and arts and entertainment.Salt Lake Community College seeks and values contributions from each community member and welcomes new and diverse perspectives. A respectful work environment is its top priority; academic excellence and lasting transformation come about when diverse voices can speak and collaborate freely. As an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution, SLCC leads the state with the highest enrollment of students from the Latinx/a/o community. SLCC is committed to serving diverse students and being a model for inclusive and transformative education.
SLCC Information: Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems ("URS"). In addition to URS, SLCC offers several other retirement account options.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.slcc.edu/postings/58101
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency