This ad is expired.
Career and Educational Resource Specialist
Requisition Number: CAREE01893
Location: Charles Town, WV
In addition to completing this application, all individuals who would like to be considered for this position should submit a portfolio including examples of their previous creative work to Recruiting@apus.edu. The portfolio should contain at least 3 items that demonstrate the ability to work with creative tools. Examples include, but are not limited to, items designed for a website, learning modules, etc.
The Career and Educational Resource Specialist supports the maintenance, relevancy, and design of resources and educational materials, ensuring all prospect, student, alumni, staff, and employer resources are kept current and regularly updated. This position works to inform and engage adult learners using a variety of engaging and interactive communication tools. The Career and Educational Resource Specialist is also responsible for the creation of one-to-many career and educational materials, designed to reach large numbers of students and alumni. This position coordinates events which facilitate professional growth for students and alumni. This position is required to collaborate with various internal and external constituents in the preparation and execution of the department's participation in events.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of project plans for events sponsored by and requiring support by Career Services.
- Produces, communicates, and disseminates information and ideas to inform and engage adult learners via written, oral, and visual media.
- Serves on interdisciplinary teams and collaborate with SMEs to develop educational content for Career Services.
- Understands and applies 508 compliance regulations to resources.
- Coordinates and prioritizes a multitude of projects and tasks with competing priorities.
- Creates, manages, and presents content intended to reach large numbers of prospects, students, and alumni, including but not limited to, webinars, presentations, classroom style lectures, and in-person workshops.
- Administers the day-to-day maintenance and administration of systems supported by career services, such as career assessment tools and job boards; providing support to internal staff, which includes providing and coordinating training.
- Moderates the various social media sites in coordination with department leadership and with guidance from the university marketing department, ensuring brand consistency and engagement is maintained.
- Stays abreast of current events, works in progress, and special situations that relate to project development or industry news.
- Participates in department goal setting to increase participation, grow programs and services, and enhance the user experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Content writing for the web
- Proofreading (English grammar, punctuation, and spelling as well as for factual accuracy)
- Content editing
- Basic video editing
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to resolve issues in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Professional communication and customer service
- Effective verbal and written communications skills (including editing experience)
- Strong graphic design abilities and experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Problem solving and decision-making ability
- Ability to organize and manage competing projects and priorities
- Acquires information quickly and understands operating procedures
- Possesses advanced research abilities
- Strategic thinking, change, and innovation
- Ability to control processes and activities in a result-oriented manner
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines regardless of possible setbacks
- Inquisitive with technology
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV
- Ability to efficiently work remotely
- Ability to travel, with advance notice, to work related events
- Ability to work evenings and weekends with advanced notice as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience in coordinating and planning preferred, specifically in a higher education setting.
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2bf3ac1d-7981-41e0-bd3b-c8249071ab85
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency