Campus Technology Administrative Lead
Posted: December 2023
Level: Community College Professional 20, 12-month, tenure track position.
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Closing Date: The committee will begin review of applications immediately. Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 3, 2024.Location:
CT State Quinebaug Valley
742 Upper Maple Street, Danielson, CT 06239
CT State Three Rivers
574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
**These positions are not remote**
For more information, please click on the campus to be directed to their website.
Connecticut State Community College provides access to academically rigorous and innovative education and training focused on student success. The college supports excellence in teaching and learning, makes data-informed decisions, promotes equity, and advances positive change for the students, communities and industries it serves.CT State Community College Vision:
Connecticut State Community College is recognized for exceptional student success, educational leadership and transformative collaboration with business and industry, government, educational and key stakeholders while advancing diverse opportunities for Connecticut's citizens and communities.CT State Community College Equity Statement:
Connecticut State Community College commits to bold and disruptive change by actively identifying, naming, and dismantling structural racism, systemic poverty, and other barriers; establishing equitable and anti-racist policies and practices; and empowering students, faculty, staff, and administrators to advance racial, social, and economic justice. Our core collective responsibility is to continuously assess practices and policies and transform the world we live in by eliminating inequities.Anticipated Start Date:
February 2024Position Summary:
The Campus Technology Administrative Lead (CTAL) is responsible for providing technology service leadership on a campus under CT State Associate Vice President of Technology Operations. The CTAL works collaboratively with Academic Technology Managers (ATM), Enterprise Technology Managers (ETM) and CSCU Shared Services Managers to support the effective adoption and ongoing use of enterprise shared technology services, administrative and academic technologies utilized within the respective campus. The CTAL ensures priorities and guidance provided by ATMs and ETMs are carried out on a campus.
Incumbents must possess proven ability to effectively work with a culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse faculty, staff, and student. They are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong Information technology literacy skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams etc.).Example of Job Duties:
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Technology Operations, the Campus Technology Administrative Lead is responsible for providing technology service leadership on a campus through effective performance in these essential duties:
- Reporting to the CT State Associate Vice President of IT, the CTAL assists with the supervision of enterprise shared technology/administrative technology support staff and academic technical support staff on a campus.
- The CTAL provides critical feedback on implementation and operation outcomes of enterprise technology service components, administrative and academic technology services at a campus level.
- Working with CT State Associate Vice President of IT, ETMs, ATMs, CT State College Office and CT State functional leaders, the CTAL coordinates service goals based on service needs, strategies to support, metrics to evaluate effectiveness, and reporting mechanisms to ensure enterprise shared technology services, administrative and academic technology services on a campus are meeting the needs of the CT State organization.
- Lead the implementation and operation of CT State enterprise shared technology service, and administrative and academic technology service components on a campus.
- Management of campus-based Technology Service Organizational (TSO) technical staff supporting enterprise shared technology services, and administrative and academic technology services at the respective campus.
- Provide supervision, selection, management, and evaluation of campus-based technical support staff.
- Collaborate with CSCU enterprise technicians, campus technicians and vendors to aid in the identification, development, and implementation of appropriate technology solutions for supporting teaching and learning initiatives as wells as administrative technology needs on a campus.
- Working with CT State Associate Vice President of IT, ATMs, ETMs, CT State College Office and CT State Campus functional leaders, the CTAL oversee all campus technology operations of enterprise shared technology service, and administrative and academic technology services.
- Leads strategic and operational planning that directly impact campus level enterprise shared technology service, and administrative and academic technology services.
- Analyze the resources needed to fulfill the campus's technology service obligations including the
development of cost/benefit analysis and long-term forecasts of technology service requirements.
- Prepare fiscally sound budgets and expected results of expenditures in support of campus-based enterprise shared technology services, and administrative and academic technologies.
- Aid in the preparation, maintenance, and coordination of disaster recovery plans for consistent business operations on a campus.
- Engage in professional development to maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position. Provides direct training to technical staff for related enterprise shared technology service, and administrative and academic technology requirements.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support for workstations, applications, network services, software, printers, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the timely and professional resolution of employee problems, which are logged and tracked through the CSCU service desk ticketing system.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge base articles of IT processes and their respective solutions.
- Providing support and technical services for various core network devices & services; WAN and LAN connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls, Wi-Fi, printers, VPN, VoIP, etc.
- Managing campus backup and business continuity systems.
- Maintain/Upgrade/Update campus servers, network equipment, software, and other core services.
- Work with other regional IT team members and managers to collaborate on successful deployment of enterprise-wide initiatives.
In addition to the accountabilities listed above, the incumbent is required to carry out the essential duties of: Attendance and participation at convocation and commencement ceremonies; Service on assigned committees and task forces; Attendance and participation at committee, staff, informational and professional meetings. These may involve attendance at evening or weekend events.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full specifications stated in the job description.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree, in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field together with four to seven years of related experience managing information technology services and up to three years of supervisory experience; or a combination of education, training and experience which would lead to the competencies required for successful performance of the position's essential duties.
- Proven ability to serve as an effective member of a management team, be an effective leader to a team of highly trained personnel and consultants; and interact effectively with technical staff, technical service customers, auditors, consultants, vendors, and stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Experience managing, evaluating, training, sourcing and disciplining technical staff.
- Experience working within a complex organization, interacting with and influencing multiple stakeholders.
- Proven track record and experience in developing technical solutions, technical standards, policies, and procedures, as well as successfully executing solutions to achieve the objectives of customers within a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of common operational management frameworks with detailed knowledge of IT Service
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree, in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty or similar.
- 3-6 years of IT Supervisory experience.
- Experience working in higher education in managing/maintaining network and servers.
- Experience with Windows and Mac operating systems (OS) in an Academic environment.
- Experience with SNOW (Service Now).
- Experience in higher education.
Anticipated Salary; $85,993 approximate annual plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. Benefits include generous leave policies; several retirement plans; and many choices for comprehensive health insurance. You also have access to many additional benefits to save for retirement, protect your family & more with supplemental benefits. Tuition reimbursement may apply if applicable.Application Instructions:
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.Selection Procedure:
Following the closing date, application materials will be evaluated by a selection committee. Candidates selected for further consideration will be limited to those applicants who are best qualified based on the minimum and preferred qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement. Candidates who have been selected and approved to interview will be contacted, and finalists will be recommended for further consideration by the Hiring Manager for final selection and recommendation for employment. The selection process may also include practical exercises (i.e., teaching demonstration and/or other written, technical, manipulative, or simulation exercises) to evaluate candidates' qualifications.Background Screening:
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: John-Paul Chaisson-Cardenas, PhD, MSW, Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CSCC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F
To apply, visit https://ctstatecommunitycollege.applytojob.com/apply/VjMZSPrlqX
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency