This ad is expired.
CLINICAL ASST PROF (Acute Care)
Job Opening ID: 184452
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: School Nursing
Department: School of Nursing
Posting Begin/End Date: 2/13/2020 2/20/2020
Paid Time Off:
How to Apply
The confidential review of applications will occur as they are received and continue until the position is filled.
A cover letter and current curriculum vitae must be uploaded online via the U-M Careers website http://careers.umich.edu/ for this Job ID 184452.
In addition to applying online, applicants are requested to send the following to the Office of Human Resources - Acute Care, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 N. Ingalls, Suite 1349, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482 (hard copy materials) or to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic materials).
- Teaching Statement
- Practice statement
- Scholarship statement that includes a statement of impact of his/her work in the first paragraph
- Service statement
- Copy of your doctoral degree and any licenses/certifications (if applicable)
- A list of a minimum of three (3) professional references with relevant contact information
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation sent directly from those providing the reference to the address listed above or as an email attachment to email@example.com
- Three (3) to five (5) publications of your best work (usually peer-reviewed)
For further information regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN), Department of Health Behavior and Biological Sciences is seeking an outstanding faculty member who is actively engaged in clinical practice. We are looking for a highly productive faculty member who is energized about their science and enthusiastic about educating and mentoring others. This position will be a full-time 12-month appointment. The individual will teach the area of acute care and will provide excellence in clinical education and in the provision of health care services. This individual will teach in the area of and will provide excellence in clinical education and in the provision of health care services.
The search for this position will occur during the calendar year 2020 with anticipation of the position starting academic year 2020-2021. We are soliciting applications from experienced clinical scholars who want to blend teaching, practice and scholarship. Applicants will be considered for the rank above, depending on experience and scholarly productivity. Applicants must have demonstrated expertise in the advance practice role. Diversity is highly valued and applications from members of groups underrepresented in nursing are encouraged.
The University of Michigan is a world-class research institution. The School of Nursing offers a range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top nursing schools in the country. Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School's strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
- Doctorate in nursing or highly related field.
- A nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position (current licensure or willingness to obtain licensure).
- A specialty certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACGNP) in the State of Michigan is required for this position.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, networking and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the development and implementation of innovative curricular activities.
- Demonstrated clinical teaching ability and practice excellence in a defined relevant area of clinical expertise.
- Current clinical experience in a practice relevant role.
- Evidence of increasing service to the profession and academic community.
- Collaborates with faculty regarding visionary educational programs.
- A record of scholarly attainment in the area of advanced practice nursing including publications, evidence-based practice guidelines and other forms of scholarship.
- Prior to start date must be in compliance with all health requirements including standard precautions such as Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, orientations, licenses/certifications, policies and procedures both internal and external to the University for your assigned classroom(s) and/or clinical site(s).
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/184452/clinical_asst_prof_acute_care
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency