This ad is expired.
Animal and Food Sciences
Manages personnel and budgetary matters for a department or college. Exercises discretion and independent judgment to oversee the activities of staff and the financial processes to ensure fiscal responsibility of department/college. Ensures staff and faculty have the resources to complete their work. Usually serves as a hiring manager and employee service coordinator.
Support the Department/Centers as follows:
- Financial management to include budget planning, preparation and analysis of how best to utilize department resources
- Conduct or oversee monthly payroll verification and FOP reconciliations
- Conduct or oversee RESEARCH grant financial coordination to include required startup reporting to the college
- Serve as the Employment Services Coordinator and manage employment appointments to include preparing ePAFs, create and/or reclassify positions as needed
- Manage the onboarding process for newly hired staff or faculty in the department
- Manage SIF fees to include processing fee reports and ensure that fees are appropriately charged and utilized per term
- Oversee the complete process of the following: budget revisions, cost transfers, job labor(re) distributions, manual check requests, research participant pay, EOPs, procurement card reconciliations, travel applications/vouchers
- Oversee inventory of supplies and for the department to include labs
- Conduct or oversee annual inventory checklist upon request
- Manage office space assignments, coordinate office furniture, telecommunication set up/moves, key requests, room requests, etc.
- Oversee faculty and staff complete onboarding process
- Travel arrangements to include processing of travel applications and vouchers maintain and organize official travel files .
- Manage faculty and staff records and files
- Manage staff to include:
- Quality Control
- Coordinate/Approve Leave Requests and review/approve web-time entry for non-exempt staff, hourly student employees, and faculty sick leave
- Ensure all staff duties are accomplished
- Maintain departmental calendar, email distribution lists, online directories, etc.
- Maintain calendar apply appointments, holds and travel plans (process should begin same day of Chairs notification).
- Compose various correspondence and presentation materials
- Travel arrangements to include processing of travel applications and vouchers maintain and organize official travel files
- Oversee/organize special events and/or meetings
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, correspondence, or other information as required by the department and/or college
- Coordinate and plan from semester to semester personnel appointments for all to include GPTIs, TAs, RAs, SAs. GAs, work study
- Assist Department Chair with overflow projects as requested
- Conduct/oversee Scholarship Coordination assisting the Departments Scholarship Committee with awarding scholarships. This includes coordinator and management of all scholarship resources to the Department. All scholarship files should be maintained as requested
- Oversee entire scholarship process for the department and/or work with scholarship coordinator to ensure process is in place
- Attend various meetings (take notes) to stay abreast of new processes or changes of TTU policies, etc. CASNR business manager meeting, procurement forums, quarterly financial meeting with college. Notify office faculty and staff via email of any major changes in policies or procedures
- Assist as back-up with greeting visitors, answering requests, and managing phone calls
- Serve as or oversee the appointment of Emergency Action Coordinator. Maintain current emergency contact information for the department, attend College emergency meetings, and comply with safety policies and procedures
- Assist undergraduate and graduate students as requested
Bachelor's degree and four years of experience developing or managing programs or projects. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency