California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 520733
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Student Services Job Summary:
Under general direction, incumbents are given less complex work assignments that expand the incumbent's practical experience and develop professional judgment in the application of budgeting principles. May provide work direction to other professional and/or technical staff.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Advise management on policy and procedures related to finance and budgets.
- Prepare departments overall budget (baseline, Student Success Initiative, Student Success Initiative- one time, Event, CCIA, Explore, Philanthropic) aligning it with department objectives that are provided by management.
- Work with management throughout the budget cycle by preparing a budget, reviewing and adopting the budget, implementation of the budget, and monitoring the budget, and making changes to the budget as needed, through pout the year; in collaboration with the Director.
- Make recommendations to management on funding requests and areas of possible budget savings, as appropriate.
- Suggest alternative funding sources, as needed.
- Estimate and project future funding needed.
- Analyze expenditures and ensure they are within budget.
- Perform monthly budget reconciliation for all eight funds (Baseline, Student Success Initiative, Student Success Initiative-one time, Event, CCIA, Explore, and 2 Philanthropic) using the Common Financial System Warehouse. Provide reconciled budgets to management by email and update documents on the Shared drive.
- Work closely with Associate Students Incorporated and the Budget office on the Explore Internship Award. Submit the Request for the Invoice, as needed.
- Perform budget transfers and transfer of expenses as needed between funds.
- Clearly and concisely communicate budget stratus, needs, and changes to management and the Division Budget Officer.
- Provide financial data and information to management for the preparation of various reports, such as the annual SSI report and the annual Career Center Departmental report.
- Provide annual reports on revenue generating activities, including analysis of return of investment.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the Divisions; senior budget analysts, such as mid-year reports, year-end projects, student success initiative activity projections, and Position Management.
- Attend campus-wide budget meetings and the monthly Division Budget Analysts' meeting.
- Attend necessary trainings to stay up to date on CSUSB budget practices and polices; as needed.
- Communicate budget information to staff, as needed.
- Apply university/budget policy according to each fund.
- Create budgets that reflect how financial resources will be used to achieve departmental objectives in collaboration with Director of the Career Center.
- Provide an ongoing review of budget versus actual expenses.
- Track current year budget expenditures for each fund.
- Communicate, as needed with procurement services, accounting, and accounts payable to ensure that university policies and procedures are followed.
- Purchase and/ make payment for materials, office equipment, Software, computers, membership, registrations, advertisements, independent contractors, and other purchases needed, using the departments' various funds.
- Resolve purchasing issues with the support of procurement Services, accounts payable, accounting, and/or vendor(s).
- Request payment from, internal campus departments using proper forms (request for invoice forms, transfer of expense forms, budget transfer, chargebacks).
- Support all fiscal operations of the Career Center to achieve programmatic goals.
- Serve as a liaison for campus partners related to the fiscal operations of the Career Center, and to adhere to campus policies and procedures.
- Work with the Events Coordinator and ER Specialist in the coordination of revenue generating accounts for the Career Center, this includes working with outside vendors for payments received, and also with foundation accounts.
- Work collaboratively with the Division Budget Officer for budget inquiries, transfers, and related reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
- Experience: Two years of progressively responsible professional experience in analyzing data including one year involving duties such as preparation, justification and analysis or the control and administration of a budget or budgetary process.
- Education: Equivalent to a bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, business administration, finance, or a closely related field OR a combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- General knowledge of financial, budgetary and accounting principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of public finance, administrative, personnel fiscal management and cash-flow management; research techniques and statistical principles and procedures.
- Advanced proficiency with current word processing and spreadsheet software programs, web browsers, query tools, integrated financial systems and/or other types of records management systems.
- Familiarity with the principles of position control and budgetary alignment.
- Ability to define problem areas, collect data, perform preliminary analyses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Write clear and concise analytical comments.
- Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysts and techniques.
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to train others in new skills and procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical skills utilizing independent judgement and accountability.
- Experience working in university administrative systems, such as PeopleSoft, Campus Solutions, Common Financial Systems Warehouse.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,518 - $4,600 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,518 - $6,791 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Probationary
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
The application deadline is: December 6, 2022
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Drivers License Check
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver's license and reflects driving record.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at email@example.com
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-c6776db53e50ee4aa9fa634f64c28b51