Public Safety, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
This position requires the person assigned to receive, analyze, prioritize and process requests for service and responds to emergency calls.
- Receives, analyzes, prioritizes and processes requests for service
- Operates and monitors the department's base radio
- Immediately notifies the duty supervisor of all important messages or assignments
- Delegates all requests for service from the University Community to the duty or patrol supervisors.
- Directs Public Safety assets to address both on and off campus events.
- Maintains the department's command log in chronologic order and records all assignments and their disposition in a neat and legible manner
- Performs clerical tasks as assigned by the duty or patrol supervisors
- Constantly observes the department's closed circuit security system monitors for Keating Hall basement, Regional Parking Facility, Walsh Library and Thebaud Hall.
- Immediately dispatch appropriate Pubic Safety asset to address any suspicious or unusual activity observed at any of these locations
- Monitors the department's campus emergency telephone system. Immediately dispatch Public Safety assets to any call for service.
- Issues overnight parking passes as required. At the end of the tour, deposit fees collected in department safe.
- Maintains the department's found property log including notations as to the identity of the finder of the property. Advise duty supervisor when found property comes into possession of the Public Safety Department. Ensures property is given to duty supervisor for safekeeping in storage cabinet until rightful owner can be located and notified.
- Notifies outside emergency responders (i.e. Police/Fire/Ambulance) as required to address reported event.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Minimum 20 years of experience in law enforcement with a police agency or in a University police and/or security department.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Associate's Degree
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/2514
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency