This ad is expired.
Assoc Athletic Director-Business & Finance
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokanes innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
This recruitment will close at midnight, Friday, August 28, 2020. Eastern Washington University is currently recruiting for the Associate Athletic Director-Business & Finance. Under the general supervision of the AVP/Director of Athletics this position provides complex budget and financial analysis work required to administer the department's finances, payroll and purchase/e-requisitions as well as donations and scholarship funds for Athletics.
It is the responsibility of the Associate AD - Business & Finance to handle all aspects of Eastern Washington's athletic business operations. This includes budget management and oversight of the equipment room. This position will keep the athletic and campus administration abreast of all financial operations of the athletic department. This position will have oversight of financial reporting by the ticket office and work collaboratively with the Eagle Athletic Fund in revenue generation as well as oversee insurance and medical issues from the sports medicine department.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
This is an open recruitment, three days' notice will be provided prior to closure of recruitment
- Bachelors degree with a major in accounting, business administration, finance or closely related field OR combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities
- Three years of progressively responsible professional experience in analyzing data, including two years of experience involving duties such as preparation, justification, and analysis of the control and administration of a budget or budgetary process.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in the compilation, review, and monitoring of complex budgets, including making recommendations and resolving fiscal issues in the higher education setting. * Demonstrated strong service orientation and the ability to manage a high volume of work and maintain organization, ability to uphold confidentiality of sensitive data with attention to detail and adherence to guidelines.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group people, which may include campus constituents, Board of Trustees, Foundation, student government and external public.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- CPA or MBA
- Administrative experience at NCAA Division 1 Intercollegiate Athletic Program
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in a financial role with duties relating to finance, budgets, purchasing, travel, analytics, procurement card, and/or payroll.
- Working knowledge of University budget policies and procedures, and reporting software programs; budgeting and accounting methods, and developing business plans.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the purpose, function, and fiscal organization of the campus system.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently to plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Knowledge or an ability to learn quickly the financial structure and financial procedures of EWU.
- Knowledge of NCAA legislation/bylaws, working with NCAA Compliance Office.
- Demonstrated ability to speak, write, and communicate effectively.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- High professionals and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
Conditions of Employment:
Rules compliance is an important responsibility of this position. Employee shall support and comply with all applicable rules and regulations of the NCAA, the Big Sky Conference, and other established bodies that govern intercollegiate athletics and the University. Knowledge of and compliance with State of Washington Accounting Rules and related RCWs and university financial policies is critical. In the event the employee becomes aware, or has reasonable cause to believe, that violations of rules compliance may have taken place, employee shall report same promptly to the AVP/Director of Athletics, CFO, Compliance Coordinator, or his/her designee.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
Salary Information: $62,522 $65,000
Posting Date: 07/27/2020
Open Until Further Notice: No
Closing Date: 8/28/2020
Screening to Begin: Immediately
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/5970
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency