Assistant Professor- Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6651
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
The Department is housed within the College for Health, Community & Policy on UTSA's Downtown campus, which is located in the heart of San Antonio. The Department currently offers a B.A. in Criminology & Criminal Justice and a M.S. in Criminology & Criminal Justice to a population of more than 800 undergraduate and 50 graduate students. For further information about the Department, please visit our website: https://hcap.utsa.edu/criminal-justice/
The Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice at the University of Texas at San Antonio seeks to fill one tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank beginning Fall 2022. Those with research agendas in the areas of criminal justice policy, policing, juvenile justice, or gun violence that that have applications for both the health of populations and the well-being of communities are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants with expertise in teaching GIS-related courses are also encouraged to apply.
Posting End Date
Review of applications begins October 15th, 2021 and will continue, with full consideration until the position is filled.
Required Application Materials
To apply, candidates must create a single file in PDF format containing the following:
1. Current curriculum vitae;
2. A research and teaching statement, which should include a discussion about the role of diversity and inclusion in an academic environment; (1) current curriculum vitae;
3. One to three examples of published scholarly work; and
4. Names and contact information of three references whom we may contact.
All questions regarding this position should be directed to: Rob Tillyer, Ph.D. Chair, Search Committee Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice University of Texas at San Antonio Rob.Tillyer@utsa.edu
For questions concerning the submission of materials, please contact: Rhonda Wansley Administrative Associate Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice University of Texas at San Antonio Rhonda.Wansley@utsa.edu
- Ph.D in Criminology, Criminal Justice, or closely related field by the time of appointment.
- Applicants who have not completed their doctoral dissertations (ABD) will be considered.
- Demonstrated excellence in scholarly research.
- A passion for effective teaching, a commitment to service, and the promise of excellence in grant acquisition.
- Must also have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population and support the University's commitment to thrive as a Hispanic Serving Institution.
On Campus: Primary work location will be on campus
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6651&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency