This ad is expired.
Assistant Director of Online Enrollment & Advising
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6386
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual propertyfor Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 08/25/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: $54,000-$79,000/Annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: To provide administrative and operational leadership to UTSA online enrollment, marketing, admissions, student support and retention services' front end team. Provides general support to the Assistant Vice Provost of Academic Innovation including serving as a representative of the area as required and works collaboratively with key members of the Academic Innovation team and other department heads to improve the overall enrollment and retention of online students and to ensure compliance of UTSA Online within the larger scope of UTSA.
Scope: Directly responsible for online enrollment, admissions, advising, student success and retention, and quality assurance. In close collaboration with the Assistant Vice Provost of Academic Innovation and with various UTSA department leaders, support the AVP's overall vision for strategies in this area including online students' overall UTSA Online experience - from initial call through to graduation which includes collaboration with registrar, bursar, course scheduling, financial aid, orientation, IT systems (SIS, CRM), reporting and data teams, HR, training, residential admissions/recruitment and advising teams etc.
- Directly supervise online recruitment, admissions, student success, and retention.
- Define, create, and directly oversee online CRM efforts (inclusive of reporting, communications, and call campaigns) in collaboration with the Asst. Dir of Communication and Data Management.
- Support the AVP in directing a marketing team built to support online enrollment initiatives.
- Supervision over online retention efforts including continuing student communication, online advising best practices, reporting and trending for continuing students etc.
- Coordinate efforts with appropriate staff to oversee all registration issues including the scheduling of all courses, occasional classroom scheduling, student course scheduling, etc.
- Monitor the progress of dialing technology in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Communication and Data Management
- Coordinate implementation and upkeep of dialing strategies and technologies with the Assistant Director of Communication and Data Management
- Serve as primary point of contact for other departments within UTSA for student issues or departmental needs.
- Ensure proper trending for terms and adjusting the focus, as necessary, to ensure the unit meets the AVP and UTSA's expectations for enrollments, quality, and other goals outlined by the AVP or UTSA.
- Collect and analyze data synthesize and provide recommendations based on this data to improve the student experience and student outcomes.
- In collaboration with the AVP of Academic Innovation and the UTSA Office of Admissions and Enrollment, support all program specific recruiting efforts including the promoting of the programs at recruiting and admissions events and prospect and yield communications plans.
- Plan and oversee online new student orientation and onboarding services.
- Create, direct, and manage onboarding and continued training of enrollment staff.
- Arrange, organize, oversee, and - when applicable - evaluate student internships and career services offerings for online students
- Oversee student services/engagement initiatives.
- Hire, train and support advisors on proactive strategies that keep online students informed and engaged.
- In collaboration with leadership, oversee the development, implementation and joint oversight of the community of care models regarding prospective coaching model; retention coaching model, career services coaching model of online students.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Online Enrollment and Advising, review the records of enrolled students each term to ensure personalized coaching and advising experiences for all students.
- Represent the Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Innovation when required and participate in UT system committees, report development and writing.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of progressively responsible related experience in Online Education programs including enrollment, advising and marketing or a related field to include at least three years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of a CRM, personal computers, including Microsoft Office Suite and standard office equipment.
- Corporate business experience in a call center. .
- Experience with an automated dialer system.
- Quality Assurance team management exprience.
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership experience.
- In depth understanding of sales recruitment cycles and metrics.
At present, this role is a UTSA telecommuting position, and the candidate selected for this position will be required to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Telecommuters may be required to work on campus at times; travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. It is expected that this position will return to campus in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
- Normal office conditions.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
This position will be primarily located:
- On-campus (Individuals that primarily work on campus).
- Remote (Individuals that primarily work remotely and rarely need to be on campus).
- Hybrid - Regularly (Individuals that split their time working remotely and on campus).
- Hybrid - Occasionally (Individuals that work remotely but may work on campus on an infrequent basis).
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6386&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency