Assistant Director for Systems and Compliance
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Assistant Director for Systems and Compliance
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Systems and Compliance for Financial Aid, this position will serve as the functional assistant for financial aid related systems including, but not limited to, the Ellucian Banner financial aid system and the ApplicationXtender imaging system. The position provides critical information systems support to the daily operations of the Office of Financial Aid through consultation, data analysis, data maintenance and information systems process development. In addition, supporting electronic reporting to government agencies and other external organizations on a routine basis, as well as serving as a data and award entry specialist. Additionally, the Assistant Director for Systems collaborates in leading automation efforts and assisting with student and other customer contacts during peak periods and/or absence of other assigned staff.
Full Job Description:
- Assist the Associate Director for Systems and Compliance with system rules and need analysis testing in Banner.
- Maintain financial aid systems processing schedules and calendars.
- Audit files, run queries and reports to identify and/or resolve issues.
- Work in conjunction with SEM Data Operations team in the design business processes for maintenance, access, and retrieval of financial aid data; define data rules and relationships and develop methods for qualify control of the database system; review and evaluate database access and reporting software applications to streamline and enhance the financial aid enterprise system; create documentation of processes.
- Determine and make recommendations and/or changes for methods and policies to complete compliance related work in accordance with federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Provide technical assistance and training for financial aid staff on system procedures, system integration, data integrity, and reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of federal, state and institutional fiscal and statistical reports.
- Assist in coordinating and maintaining the reporting, programming and processing jobs and process flows pertinent to all automated systems.
- Utilize electronic data exchange software to send and retrieve information from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Monitor and maintain financial aid daily processing to insure program and audit compliance with regulatory compliance in all federal, state, and institution rules.
- Maintain expertise in all areas of financial aid so that the department can plan and react positively to changing federal, state, and institutional policies that affect student financial assistance.
- Maintain imaging system for student records for the financial aid office, including verifying, indexing, imaging, creating new folders, PDF conversions and troubleshooting.
- Advise students and parents regarding financial aid programs. Refer students as appropriate to other institutional personnel such as Counseling, Admissions, and the Center for Academic and Student Achievement.
- Assist the Associate Director of Systems and Compliance in packaging and sending out weekly notifications.
- Perform eligibility confirmation, conflicting data resolution and awarding financial aid in accordance with federal, state, and institutional policies.
- When needed, complete independent verification and professional judgment in accordance with federal policy.
- Revise financial aid awards to include federal, state and institutional funds, as individual circumstances change.
- Provide support in maintaining set up requirements for the federal aid software and database applications.
- Reconcile Direct Loan programs on a monthly basis and ensure the timeliness and accuracy for resolving any discrepancies.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology Department to monitor, test and schedule implementation of any new program releases and upgrades to ensure the upkeep of financial aid system efficiency.
- Work with Assistant Vice Provost (SFS), Director of Financial Aid, and Associate Director of Systems and Compliance on implementing aid policies with Banner set up.
- Assists the Associate Director of Systems and Compliance in the supervision, management, and training of staff and support employees.
- Attend professional development workshops and conferences/training to maintain knowledge of existing and new financial aid policies, practices and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring the accuracy and currency of data posted on USFCA loan web pages.
- Function as the subject matter expert in conjunction with the Associate Director as the departmental Banner Financial Aid system technical specialist.
- Assist in other areas of the financial aid office as assigned by the Associate Director of Systems and Compliance.
- Serve on committees as authorized by the Director.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by the Director or Associate Director.
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of higher education experience - admissions or financial aid with counseling, customer service, and/or administrative support
- Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze data and to use independent judgment where appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse client population, and commitment to continuous quality improvement and customer services
- Detail-oriented with a propensity for accuracy, a self-starter; and have the ability to work independently with an ability to establish priorities and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Experience with and knowledge of PC based administrative software - Microsoft suite including Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ease of learning new software and computer technology
- Working knowledge and experience with integrated database systems
- Demonstrate the ability to understand complex databases with a large number of tables
- Experience with working in Ellucian Banner and ApplicationXtender.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial aid program rules, regulations, or processes.
- 3+ years of progressive work in a financial aid or student financial services environment.
- Ability to interpret and write intermediate level SQL rules.
- Knowledge and experience with project management
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Assistant-Director-for-Systems-and-Compliance_R0003869-1.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency