This ad is expired.
Assistant Director - Sorority & Fraternity Life
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokanes innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Assistant Director of Sorority and Fraternity Life
The Assistant Director of Sorority and Fraternity Life works with the Interim Director of Student Activities Involvement and Leadership (SAIL) to design and facilitate a comprehensive student development education program through creating opportunities for campus involvement, leadership development, and community engagement. The Assistant Director is the primary student affairs professional responsible for providing operational management and leadership of the Sorority and Fraternity Life (SFL) community. The SFL community includes 25 chapters, 3 councils, and one honorary society with approximately 800 members in the community. This position actively collaborates with student leaders, faculty, staff, and Cheney community to create positive community relations, leadership opportunities, risk management, and intervention within the sorority and fraternity life community.
In addition, under the oversight of the Interim Director for SAIL, the Assistant Director will manage a fee-based budget. This position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the leadership education and programming within the sorority and fraternity community.
The Assistant Director of Sorority and Fraternity Life is a full-time, twelve-month position and reports to the Interim Director of SAIL. The position requires considerable evening, weekend and on call commitments.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Business, Education or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a higher education field or relevant professional field.
- Two (2) years of experience working with sorority and fraternity life communities.
- Experience working with college student development and/or leadership programs.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and services for social fraternities and sororities, and student leadership programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization, function, and purpose of sorority and fraternity life.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- High level of cultural competency and experience working effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing environment to deliver effective programs and interventions.
- Candidates must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Masters degree in Student Personnel, Counseling, Education or related field.
- Involvement and/or leadership experience with a campus programming board or other student organization is strongly preferred.
- At least four (4) years of experience with sorority and fraternity community, in an advisory capacity is recommended.
- Experience developing and administering budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of student development theory.
- Supervisory experience with professional, graduate, and student staff and volunteers.
- Assessment and development of learning outcomes.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Conditions of Employment:
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Public School Employees Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Salary Information: $46,375.00 $52,000.00
Posting Date: 07/31/2020
Open Until Further Notice: No
Closing Date: 8/20/2020
Screening to Begin: 08/21/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/5951
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency