This ad is expired.
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR (Tenure Track)
San Diego County - Cuyamaca College
Transforming lives through learning isn't just the vision of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. It happens every day with our 30,000 students who take the first step in their higher education, become trained for a new career, or learn knowledge that transforms their world perspective.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District honors a diverse academic community and fosters equity mindedness across our institutions. As such, the District is committed to eliminating achievement gaps among different student groups by promoting a culture of appreciation for diversity, equity, inclusivity, and social justice, and continuously examining our processes and practices through an equity lens.
The District provides an excellent health and welfare benefits package to its employees. We take care of our employees and have continued to offer medical, dental and vision coverage to eligible employees and their dependents at no charge for any of the plans we offer.
Become a part of this dedicated team in beautiful San Diego County!
Please read the entire job posting before your application is submitted. Important instructions to applicants are at the bottom of the page. Be attentive when applying as many of our positions require multiple attachments.
Please note: each page of the application will save upon clicking next.' Draft applications can be accessed through the candidate home page.
Application Deadline: November 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Department: Automotive Technology
Months worked out of the year: 10 months
Starting Salary Range:
$56,229 (Class I, Step 6) - $85,393 (VII, Step 10) Annually
Based on education and experience
Anticipated Start Date: January 2020
Cuyamaca College seeks talented, dedicated, and diverse candidates to apply for the Automotive Technology Instructor position who share our strategic vision focused on student success and equity. With a remarkably diverse student body, we especially seek candidates with a record of successful teaching and mentoring of students of all backgrounds. Cuyamaca College is home to an increasingly diverse community, including a large Middle Eastern Population, and is a designated as an Hispanic-Serving Institution. Cuyamaca College is proud to be recognized in California for its equity-minded and innovative approaches that facilitate clear educational and career pathways for our students.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: APPLICANTS MUST MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Any bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience directly related to the teaching assignment OR
- any associate degree and six years of professional experience directly related to the teaching assignment; professional experience is required when the applicant possesses a master's degree OR
- the equivalent.
Click here for EQUIVALENCY INSTRUCTIONS.
- Successful experience in, or preparation for, teaching Automotive Technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to remain current in Automotive Technology.
- ASE Certified in a minimum of six automotive areas; or ability to attain those certifications prior to start date.
- Recent work experience in the automotive field; including factory or industry certifications.
- Applicants must demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates will also be evaluated for qualifications in the following:
- Ability to become involved in the furtherance of departmental and campus affairs.
- Willingness to teach online classes.
- ASE Master Automobile Technician Certification.
- ASE L-1 (Advanced Engine Performance) Certification.
- ASE G-1 General Service Certification
- Ability to perform other duties consistent with the faculty job description as stated in the faculty's contract.
- Evidence of background and experience servicing late model vehicles (less than 5 years old) including hybrid and alternative fueled vehicles.
- Evidence of leadership and/or management of a school program, or industry related facility.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The applicant should possess the understanding and commitment to the community college philosophy. It is the responsibility of a regular/contract instructor to participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs, courses, and other experiences that will directly result in the educational growth of the students and support advancement of the visions, missions, and values of the colleges and District.
This position may include a combination of day and evening assignments, large lectures and small seminars, and is being offered by a college strongly committed to the open door concept serving a diverse student population.
- Full-Time Instructor: https://www.gcccd.edu/formsdepot-grossmont/documents/evaluation-forms/FT.Job.Description.doc
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Applicants may find it helpful to refer back to the job posting, specifically the special instructions, while applying. Consider saving the job description or opening a new browser window.
*ATTENTION* Application materials with pictures or personal information will render your application incomplete. Please do not include any materials that were not asked for.
Having the following materials prepared and ready to attach BEFORE beginning the application may make the application experience more seamless.
Position specific required documents:
- Complete and current resume/C.V.
- cover letter addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications for this position. *ATTENTION* The cover letter is also used while screening your application materials to gain information about your qualifications.
- Official or unofficial college/university transcripts verifying degrees and/or coursework; if you do not have any college/university transcripts, please upload a document into the transcript section that says you are applying under the equivalency.
- Upload any ASE and/or industry certifications (to be uploaded under the Additional Attachments) section of the application.
- If you do not meet the state minimum qualifications, upload the equivalency document in the correct section of the application.
*ATTENTION* Please upload .doc, .docx, or PDF files. If you are working on Google Docs or Mac files please be sure to save under .doc or PDF for file to upload correctly.
If you have a degree from a college or university outside of the UNITED STATES, you must have your coursework evaluated by a professional association. Click here for Foreign Degree Translation information.
Official transcripts will be required if you are offered employment.
Candidates invited for interview who live greater than 75 miles (one-way) from the interview site will be reimbursed up to $250 for travel expenses.
Under Federal Law, employers are required to verify that all new employees are eligible for employment in the United States. Prior to appointment to a position, you must present acceptable proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing should notify the Human Resources Department by calling (619) 644-7679.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful fingerprint clearance. A processing fee plus Live Scan fee will be required.
To apply, visit https://gcccd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gcccdcareers/job/San-Diego-County---Cuyamaca-College/AUTOMOTIVE-TECHNOLOGY-INSTRUCTOR--Tenure-Track-_R-00961.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District, a two-college district in eastern San Diego County, has been providing a high-quality education to the region since Grossmont College opened its doors in 1961 and Cuyamaca College began operating in 1978. The district is tied closely to the suburban and rural communities that it serves, providing a $1 billion economic impact to the region through its payroll, purchasing, and spending by students and alumni.
The district has a strong commitment to diversity and equity with a student population representing a broad variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, cultures and abilities. The district strives to provide an educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding, and respect that ultimately also benefits the global community.
The colleges offer more than 150 degrees and certificates in a wide range of programs. Both colleges have signature programs that have become well-renowned. Grossmont College is recognized for its top-notch Administration of Justice, Culinary Arts, Nursing and Allied Health and Theatre Arts programs, while Cuyamaca is known for its Automotive Technology, Ornamental Horticulture, Environmental Health and Safety and Water/Wastewater Technology programs.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency