This ad is expired.
Medical Assistant / Associate
Job Opening ID: 181589
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH CVC Clinic
Posting Begin/End Date: 12/23/2019 1/23/2020
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Patient Care Clinical Support (MA, Tech)
Patient Care Services
We, the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect, Compassion, Collaboration, Innovation, and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
As part of the MA team you will provide clinical assistance by assisting patients and providers. Perform general support services within the FCVC outpatient vascular surgery, cardiology and cardiac surgery clinics.
Excellent service is an expected and integral part of the FCVC culture. To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points in about 50 words or less:
- Describe your background and qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the FCVC.
- Outline your service excellence skills and experience which would be applicable to this position.
- In your most recent position, how was service excellence emphasized.
- Describe a situation in which a customer or colleague was upset and the steps you took to resolve the issue to a reasonable conclusion.
Why work for the Cardiovascular Center?
From outpatient visits and tests to surgery and recovery, the Cardiovascular Center serves as a central location for coordinated, top-quality cardiovascular care from our highly skilled medical and surgical teams. Together with inpatient units in University Hospital, outpatient clinics located throughout the local area, and specialized care for children with congenital heart defects at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, the building makes U-M's nationally recognized cardiovascular care convenient and accessible to all.
The Frankel Cardiovascular Center is designed to create a calm and healing environment for patients and visitors. Indoor and outdoor healing gardens, rooms for quiet reflection, a patient education center, valet parking, a heart-healthy cafe and art-filled halls are just some of the features geared toward patients and families.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Management that provides quality training and direction
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Perform efficient and accurate intake on patients, including proper medication reconciliation, allergy and social history review, and take vital signs.
- Monitor and promote clinic flow by rooming patients.
- Perform electrocardiograms.
- Maintain stock levels in exam rooms and medical assistant pods.
- In surgical areas, perform wound care, including suture and staple removal, wound dressing, and wound vacuum removal.
- Administer immunizations.
- Ensure personal mandatory MLearnings and competencies are up to date.
- Process patient care orders using the electronic ordering system.
- Respond to general patient inquiries regarding treatment and clinic policies and procedures.
- Saturday clinic staff is responsible for drawing blood and processing lab specimen orders.
- Arrange for the repair of clinic equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BLS within three months of hire.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to take direction and receive feedback.
- Moderate standing / walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- 1-3 years of experience
- 0-1 years of experience
- Certification as a MA.
- Previous experience in pathology/blood draws, 12 lead EKG's, or ancillary cardiology procedures and immunizations.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare system.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical records systems.
- Experience with EPIC software in a healthcare system.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
Base schedule is Monday - Friday, days 9:00am - 5:30pm, includes evening and Saturday rotation.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
Michigan Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/181589/medical_assistant_associate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency