Requisition Number: PURCH01825
The Purchasing Specialist provides support to Finance, and other teams, by processing purchasing requests through the purchasing system.
- Analyzes purchase authorizations for adequacy of specifications and other requirements to include proper general ledger accounts, proper approval authorities, and other criteria.
- Maintains the approval hierarchy and matrix of requisition approval process, as well as understands the security and role assignment within the purchasing system.
- Works with appropriate team members to negotiate and analyze costs.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders, ensures inclusion of complete and accurate specifications, and terms and conditions.
- Assists in planning, coordination and implementation of any special procurement program assigned to the team.
- Follows up with stakeholders to properly complete requests.
- Participates in the review, analysis and evaluation of procurement system for modifications, improvements and streamlining of processes.
- Works with accounting team to identify and process monthly accruals.
- Assists with developing business plan strategies / opportunities for unmanaged spend categories in conjunction with leadership.
- Interacts with APEI, APUS and NES staff and various teams, at all levels as required, to meet strategic objectives.
- Works with internal and external auditors as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Ability to interact with staff in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a changing environment.
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work as a team player with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Certification in procurement is preferred.
- Experience with Paramount is preferred.
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0cc9b5bb-d369-4db7-9f33-915deff1b2e5
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency