This ad is expired.
HR Assistant Intermediate
Job Opening ID: 181233
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: College Engineering
Posting Begin/End Date: 11/20/2019 12/10/2019
Salary: $36,700.00 $46,000.00
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Administration
General Office / Administrative Support
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan's College of Engineering (CoE) provides scientific and technological leadership to the world. We seek to improve the quality of life by developing intellectually curious and socially conscious minds, creating collaborative solutions to societal problems, and promoting an inclusive and innovative community of service for the common good. Our graduate and undergraduate programs have a strong reputation for excellence, ranking 4th and 6th in the nation, respectively. Our online graduate programs consistently rank inside the top 10.
Nexus has a mission to provide access to the educational resources from the College of Engineering and to drive the development and delivery of new online and professional education for learners worldwide.
We are currently seeking a personable, motivated, and detail-oriented Human Resources Assistant to join Team Nexus. In this role and under direction from the Nexus Business Administrator, you will provide administrative support for human resources and general office services.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and teamwork skills, along with strong oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated proficiency with reporting, scheduling, and MS Office Suite. This role requires a positive, flexible individual who is dependable, works independently, and maintains confidentiality. Knowledge of Wolverine Access, MPathways, Concur, and other University software is highly desired.
Human Resource Support (70%)
- Collect information for professional education teaching schedules, verify attendance, and identify compensation to be paid.
- Create payroll transactions and process additional compensation for faculty, staff, and instructors.
- Maintain records for professional education teaching schedules.
- Provide payroll information and records absences for staff.
- Assist with new hiring process by organizing resumes, scheduling interviews, completing reference checks, and coordinating the job offer process with Business Administrator.
- Develop and execute on-boarding and off-boarding processes and procedures and maintain records.
- Conduct new employee orientations.
- Maintain confidential employee files.
- Maintain monthly staff meeting schedule, prepare agenda and organize presentation materials, set up room, and record and disseminate minutes.
- Create agendas, secure room reservations, book catering, and record and disseminate minutes for meetings at Nexus.
- Assist with performance review process.
- Prepare documents and standard agreements for electronic signature.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
General Office Support (30%)
- Create client invoices for custom professional education programs.
- Identify and follow-up on outstanding payments.
- Create inventory and track status of memos of understanding and contracts for Business Administrator.
- Upload purchase orders and maintain financial records for custom training in shared services databases.
- Obtain all program-related expense information from program managers and upload receipts to shared services database.
- Assist with scheduling meetings and appointments, including one-on-one and group project meetings, exercising discretion and judgment as to priorities.
- Draft general correspondences.
- Arrange and coordinate travel, including conference registration, flight and hotel, reservations, and preparation of travel itineraries.
- Create orders for office supplies, software, equipment, etc. and send to Business Administrator for approval.
- Provide backup support for live professional education programs, if necessary.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or graduation from an office assistant program combined with two to four years of administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability to compose and produce professional correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to accurately follow directions, as well as demonstrated initiative to gather information and resources needed to assure assignments are completed in a thorough and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, set priorities, multi-task, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner
- Demonstrated computer and keyboarding skills and Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated skills and experience managing complex calendars and meeting schedules
- Demonstrated ability to pay strict attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Ability to exhibit a professional and positive image with faculty, staff, participants, and clients
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary, distributed team
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and receive feedback
- Possess effective time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population
- Ability to work in a team environment with initiative, accountability, and creativity
- Excellent attendance
- Bachelor's degree highly desired
- Human resource experience in a University setting
- Knowledge of University policies, procedures, and systems
Michigan Engineering's vision is to be the world's preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/ .
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University's comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic planalong with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environmentcan be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/181233/hr_assistant_intermediate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency