Working Title Campaign Communications Specialist
Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Campaign Communications Specialist for the Marketing & Communications Department, within the University Advancement Division. This position will be a critical component of the team as EWU prepares to lay the groundwork for a major fundraising campaign.
This person will work with the communications and development staff to support comprehensive communications plans and projects that increase engagement and achieve objectives with key constituent groups, including alumni, donors, volunteer boards and supporters. This position will lead the writing and creation of campaign materials, handle direct mail appeals for annual giving, and provide additional writing/editing support for university communications and marketing materials (including print and web content).
In addition to fundraising initiatives, the specialist works on other marketing projects to benefit and advance the university.
The ideal candidate will have three or more years of professional editing/writing experience, including experience with fundraising campaigns. The candidate must excel in writing, communication, organization, creativity and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks. We're looking for someone who can produce clear and powerful messaging, and has a passion for great storytelling that will inspire giving among a vast array of stakeholders in support of the university's fundraising campaigns and philanthropic activities.
See additional job duties below.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BA in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English or related field
- Three or more years professional experience in writing/editing and content development working in print, electronic and web formats; marketing and advertising writing experience may be considered as an alternative.
- Ability to write clearly, accurately and correctly with respect to grammar, spelling and style, within deadlines.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence to deliver high-quality work product on agreed schedules with a minimum of supervision.
- Proven success in reporting, content strategy development and content creation including managing, writing and editing content across multiple platforms: print, digital and social
- Experience editing for content, scope, flow, style, voice and adherence to quality standards
- Ability to conceptualize story ideas and collaborate with a team of editorial specialists on overall publication, website and digital asset direction
- Strong organizational and management skills; ability to effectively multi-task and set priorities
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience in campaign communications or a fundraising campaign
- Higher Education experience
- Demonstrated ability to utilize social media platforms to engage audiences
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Strong knowledge in AP Style
Other Skills and Abilities:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency