Working Title IT Professional (ITS 3)
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University! We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: IT Professional (ITS 3)
Under general supervision and in support of technology as assigned, this position independently performs consulting, programming, installation, and maintenance, and as well as Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support activities within their assigned areas or as dispatched by the IT Operations Center or IT Help Desk in support of the department or college. These activities include and are related to the timely delivery of faculty/staff computer, lab, and discipline-specific technology support services at a high-level of client/customer satisfaction. Specifically, service delivery for and troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux computer platforms, which also includes hardware and software. Moreover, this includes all general and discipline specific lab technologies, as well as enhanced classroom technologies such as projectors, control panels, and other installed audio/visual equipment. This position is also responsible for working directly with and support the work of the IT Operations Center, IT Help Desk, liaising technology support needs to upper tier members and support teams. Uses established work methods and innovative approaches, which as a result promote efficiencies and effectiveness within the comprehensive support structure and distributed support model.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
This is an open recruitment; three days' notice will be provided prior to closure of recruitment.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
CompTIA A+ and Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamental certifications; or must possess both certifications at time of hire or obtained within 6 months of hire date
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
This is an agency shop position.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at email@example.com to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related discipline. Substantial experience may be substituted for formal education
- Four years experience implementing and supporting enterprise applications and systems
- CompTIA A+ and Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamental certifications; or must possess both certifications at time of hire or obtained within 6 months of hire date (CompTIA Network+, CCENT, or CCNA may be substituted for MTA)
- Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP with emphasis on basic functionality, to include common client-side protocols
- Experience working with Help Desk software applications, which includes assisting in the development and revision of workflow and business processes
- 3 years experience working with and supporting computers, software, printers, telephony, enhanced classroom technologies, and network devices
- Intermediate knowledge of various Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Basic knowledge Linux operating system
- Experience working with and supporting Microsoft business productivity applications, e.g. Office 2008/2011/2013/2016,Visio, OneNote, Project, etc.
Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience in Higher Education and support the Engineering Department
- Three years of formal training in the field of information technology, computer science, or related field preferred or equivalent applicable experience, specifically supporting client-side systems, applications, and client-related technologies
- Hands-on experience working with software packages, such as: FEA, CAD, parametric modeling/ simulation software, Lab view software and hardware, 3D printing hardware and software, MatLab, ROS robotic software, robotic software and hardware and peripherals such as I/O modules from various vendors, PLC software and hardware from Allen Bradley and Siemens, robotic vision software, HVAC modeling software, CNC software and hardware, and CAM software and hardware
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Background in customer service and problems solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in both spoken and written form to diverse constituencies, both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment