District Police Officer
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
To perform a variety of duties in the enforcement of laws, the protection of persons and property and the prevention of crimes within the College's jurisdiction; to ensure the safety and security of the College campus; and to provide assistance to students, faculty and staff.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from assigned Sergeant or other police command staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Patrol assigned area on foot or in a vehicle; issue verbal or written citations for violations observed; enforce parking and related traffic ordinances; discover and prevent the commission of crimes and code violations; respond to and investigate traffic collisions.
2. Respond to calls for service including the protection of life and property, and the enforcement of City, County and State laws, codes and regulations; respond to break ins and fire alarms; contact emergency agencies as needed.
3. Conduct investigations of various crimes committed; interview suspects, victims and witnesses in the field; make arrests as necessary; prepare reports on arrests, burglaries, disturbances and unusual circumstances observed.
4. Assist students, faculty and staff by providing directions and responding to questions and inquiries; provide service escorts for any person requiring assistance.
5. Respond to faculty, staff and student complaints in potentially hostile situations; intervene and mediate in disturbances and disputes.
6. Provide security, law enforcement and crowd control activities for a variety of special events on campus; escort speakers and special guests to and from events.
7. Maintain radio communications with dispatching center and other law enforcement officers.
8. Testify and present evidence in court as necessary.
9. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
One year of law enforcement experience is desirable.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized training in law enforcement, security or a related field.
License or Certificate
A valid California driver's license is required at time of appointment.
Possession of a valid P.O.S.T. Basic certificate or equivalent, which has been accepted by the State of California. Must be twenty (20) years old by the time on the final filing date and twenty-one (21) by the time of appointment.
Successful completion of Government Code section 1031 requirements including psychological, medical and background investigations. A physical agility test and/or written test may be qualifying criteria.
Campus/field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to potentially hostile environments and persons; work irregular hours.
Essential and other important duties may require maintaining physical condition necessary for walking, standing, running or sitting for prolonged periods of time; bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling; moderate to heavy lifting and carrying; ability to discharge a firearm and operate other law enforcement equipment and vehicles. Must possess satisfactory hearing capabilities and visual acuity of at least 20/100 correctable to at least 20/30 in each eye.
Location: United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency