When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: SABUSC
- Job Type: Part-time
- Hours: 19 hours per week with a Tuesday-Thursday schedule
- Schedule: Varies over 3-days with periodic in-person and virtual meetings as required.
- Position Location: Remote
This position will be responsible for working on administrative tasks and strategic initiatives with the Vice President. This position will also collaborate on developing proposals to generate new business.
- Work closely with others in the department to create customized client proposals.
- Engage in social media to drive program enrollment.
- Create and launch mass email communications to prospective clients to support business development goals.
- Manage collateral, including inventory, reordering, and revisions.
- Reconcile budgets for the Strategic Alliances division.
- Manage and reconcile credit card transactions and invoices.
- Manage event calendars, and associated web content.
- Support learning events through planning and execution, including site logistics, catering, technology, transportation, accounts payable.
- Prepare materials for faculty and attendees before events, including name tags/tent cards, attendee sign-in forms, collateral, etc.
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and as needed.
- Coordinate with institutional marketing for necessary communications.
- Assist with budgetary record keeping and maintain and process all final forms in a timely manner, including processing and submitting purchase orders, expense reimbursements, supply requests, and organizational memberships.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the University.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience working in a related role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in delivering excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated initiative and able to work independently.
- Experience collaborating effectively when working on team projects.
- Efficient time management strategies to effectively complete tasks in the desired time frame.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge with HubSpot Customer Relationship Management software.
- Comfortable navigating and posting to numerous social media channels.
- Working knowledge of several graphics tools, i.e. Canva.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Remote Employee Responsibilities:
Employees who work remotely/telecommuters are expected to adhere to University rules, regulations, policies and procedures regarding security and confidentiality for the computer, its data and information, and any other information handled in the course of work.
The employee is responsible for maintaining and repairing employee owned telecommuting equipment at personal expense and on personal time.
The employee is responsible for utility costs associated with the use of the computer or occupation of the home.
Employees who work remotely/telecommuting are responsible for setting aside a space in their home for work and ensuring that it is ergonomically sound, clean, safe, and free of obstructions and hazardous materials. They must ensure that their homes comply with all building codes, and health and safety requirements, and that they are free of hazardous materials. The University may verify that the home office meets these requirements. The employee is required to notify the Human Resources Office of a change of residence in advance of the change.
If an employee who is working remotely/telecommuter incurs a work-related injury while telecommuting, worker's compensation law and rules apply. Employees must notify their supervisors and Human Resources immediately and complete all required documents regarding the injury.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work-related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at HR@baypath.edu or call 413-565-1168.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency