This ad is expired.
Senior Online Librarian0 moreless
Requisition Number: SENIO002721
Location: Online / RemoteOnline / Remote
Senior Online Librarian
American Public University System
The Senior Online Librarian will focus on providing virtual reference support to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students, faculty and staff. This is a professional position requiring a Masters of Library/Information Science from an ALA approved program, and 3-5 years of experience working in a university setting. This position requires experience providing virtual reference using chat tools, including the Springshare suite of products, and videoconferencing software. Preference given to candidates who have worked in doctoral degree granting universities, are proficient in current and emerging library and educational technologies and have specific subject credentials in support of the school's academic programs. In addition to providing virtual reference support to students, faculty and staff, the Online Librarian provides curricular support to faculty and participates in library engagement initiatives. Our librarians currently support students and faculty 365 days a year and are available 8 am to midnight ET Sunday through Thursday and 8am to 10pm ET Friday and Saturday. The Online Librarian is committed to the University's mission, our students and faculty, and is part of the extended library team within the Academics Department.
Please note that this department functions as front-line employees serving faculty, staff, and students operating between the hours of 8:00 am-12:00 am ET Sun-Thurs and 8:00 am-10:00 pm ET Fri-Sat. Incumbents must be willing to work an assigned shift within operating hours upon hire.
- Provides virtual reference service for American Public University System (APUS) faculty, students, and staff through electronic media, including email, chat, SMS text and videoconferencing.
- Provides curricular support to faculty, course materials team, and instructional designers.
- Web-based collection development and electronic course material selection in one or more of the University's Academic programs
- Ability to work collaboratively with Academic Deans, program chairs, faculty and instructional developers
- Specialization in one or more of the library's contracted database, e-book, or student tutorial programs
- Serves as project manager/team lead for assigned initiatives undertaken by the library, including, but not limited to:
- Digital Information Literacy Instruction/Content Creation
- Electronic Resource Management
- Data and Reporting
- Web-based Content Creation for Library Website
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science required and other advanced degrees encouraged
- Minimum 3-5 years academic or special library experience and background in one or more of the University's program areas.
- Demonstrated proficiency providing virtual reference using chat software and videoconferencing tools.
- Preference given to those with advanced coursework in APUS related programs.
- Mastery of online searching skills utilizing licensed databases, library catalog and open web.
- Proficiency with current and emerging library and educational technologies.
- Ability to interact and build rapport with students, faculty and staff in a friendly, professional and timely manner through electronic media, including chat, SMS text and videoconferencing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, both with and without direct supervision.
- A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and positive attitudes
- Ability to be a team player by sharing information and assisting colleagues.
- Ability to offer thoughtful contributions at meetings and the ability to respect others regardless of differences.
- Proactive, yet diplomatic management of other online librarians with regards to projects and team efforts
- Ability to understand and follow professional standards and APUS procedures.
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- Self-motivated and directed
Work Environment, Travel, and Physical Demands:
- Professional library work that has few physical demands, but does presuppose weekend duty and flexible time schedules to include evenings
- Periodic travel to Charles Town, WV may be necessary
- Professional attire and demeanor are required
- Collegial team environment that stresses cooperative endeavors and encourages exploration
- A dedicated workspace within place of residence and the capability to telecommute.
- Requires a reliable high-speed Internet connection to support University learning management system, the online library and videoconferencing tools
Compensation and Benefits:
- American Public University System seeks to offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
- This position pays a minimum annual salary of $50,000.
- Per the US Department of Education Program Integrity Rules, postsecondary institutions that participate in the student financial assistance programs pursuant to Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA) are barred from providing incentive payments to any person or entity engaged in student recruiting and/or admissions activities.
- For additional information on our benefits please click the following link: https://www.apus.edu/about/careers/staff.
American Public University System (APUS) is an Online University based in Charles Town, WV. Our company has over 100,000 students. Our emphasis is educating our nation's military and public services communities with quality and affordable education. APUS provides partnership and commitment in helping students realize the dream of a higher education and the opportunities that brings.
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) and American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. of American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=1b18b87a-a60e-4f65-92b0-238d6e06fe88
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-a0b7f7f357532f4ca509ce19c56842fc