Physical Science Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool - East Kern
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 00449
Posting Date: 10/11/2017
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Part-Time Academic
Rate: $60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Work Week: Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-East Kern (Tehachapi/California City)
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of Physical Science courses, including Physics, Earth Sciences, and Astronomy.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, and distance learning. Cerro Coso also serves two correctional facilities.
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation of transfer programs for the Science department; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Masters in the physical science interdisciplinary area;OR
Masters in one of the disciplines included in the interdisciplinary area and upper division or graduate course work in at least one other constituent discipline.OR
- Possession of a valid credential which authorizes full-time teaching of physical science at the California Community College level;OR
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/9648. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency