Patient Services Associate
Job Opening ID: 183060
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Taubman Neurology
Posting Begin/End Date: 1/14/2020 1/28/2020
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Healthcare Admin & Support
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a cover letter addressing their specific interest in this position and highlighting relevant capabilities, as well as a resume, to be considered for this position. In order for the Career Portal system to accept a cover letter, please include your cover letter as a page of your resume document.
The Neurology Outpatient Clinic is seeking an experienced, positive, highly motivated, organized person with excellent multi-tasking ability and record-keeping skills to join our growing team. Must have exceptional written and verbal interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated experience delivering excellent customer service. Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines is required. Attention to detail and follow-through and meeting deadlines with time-management and multi-tasking skills necessary. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a dedicated team. Ideal candidate will have experience working in a team oriented atmosphere and can manage a fast paced work environment with the ability to promote professional relationships within a team environment. Attention to detail is essential. Must be proficient in use of PCs and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Acrobat and Acrobat Reader
This position collaborates with other Patient Service Associates and reports to the Neurology Operations Manager.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Accurately and efficiently schedule patient appointments utilizing Cadence.
- Assist patients with payment questions on the phone or in person. Collect payments, co-pays and past due balances at patient check out using established department guidelines.
- Reconcile clinic cash collections and credit card transactions daily according to specified clinic standards.
- Ensure that patients with urgent needs are scheduled appropriately and clinic schedules are adjusted to accommodate patient care needs and clinic flow purposes
- Serve as a resource for physicians and other staff, patients, and outside third parties for insurance authorizations and other managed care related issues.
- Generate patient access reports that monitor patient flow and patient wait time to identify causes, both individual and systemic which may lead to less than optimal patient experiences
- Collaborate with other Patient Services Associates and Medical Assistant Lead to ensure proper coordination of services and contribution to patient satisfaction goals
- Monitor quality, productivity and performance of tasks assigned to each clerical work station
- Collaborate with the billing staff to ensure proper business and internal control processes are in place to insure accuracy of onsite collections
- Generate daily exam room schedule and monitor overall room utilization
- Performing general secretarial duties such as responding to routine inquiries, transcribing audio files, maintaining calendars and performing data entry for electronic reports, spreadsheet preparation, editing and proofreading
- Ensure clerical staff awareness and compliance with best practices, institutional policies as well as Neurology processes and procedures
- Assist Neurology Operations Manager with maintaining internal website with timely updates of information as provided. Knowledge of HTML and graphic formatting is desirable.
- Order and inventory office supplies
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED and two to three years of experience in a medical/health services setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary
- 2-3 years of experience
- Ability to effectively mentor and lead staff, some supervisory experience
- Respectful and compassionate attitude promoting service excellence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate flexible and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to exceeding the needs of our patients and families
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and collegial interactions with staff and faculty
- Maintain confidentiality in all business matters
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a very busy complex clinical setting is necessary
- 2-3 years clerical experience in an outpatient setting
- Familiarity with U of M Hospitals and Health Centers policies and procedures
- Ability to fully utilize MI Chart (Epic system) to access Ambulatory Care functionality in scheduling, processing collections and generating reports
- A successful candidate will be motivated and a self-starter
Required Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m-5 p.m. Occasional flexibility of work hours may be necessary to attend scheduled meeting and for patient care support needs. This is a 40 hour/week, full time position. The position may involve overtime to match changing needs and priorities.
1st Fl. Taubman Center, 1500 E. Medical Center Dr. SPC 5322
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/183060/patient_services_associate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency