Working Title Maintenance Specialist 4
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Specialist 4. The primary function of this position is to directly supervise full-time journey level technicians in the Electric Shop. This position is responsible for managing and assigning work orders to Shop Staff. This position requires participation at regularly scheduled meetings, as well as interaction and cooperation with other Supervisors and customers. Outstanding customer service skills are a must for this position. The successful candidate should have intermediate level computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-placement physical.
This is an agency shop position.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at email@example.com.
- At least three years of full-time experience as a journey tradesworker, or equivalent, including three years, full-time experience as a lead or supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requires the completion of a recognized Electrical Apprenticeship or five years documented experience and possession of current 01 Washington State Electrical License.
- This position also requires a solid understanding of commercial electrical applications, multi unit distribution and electrical maintenance. Knowledge of: standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment of electrical trade; electrical codes; safety precautions; record keeping; basic computer skills. Position functions as a recognized expert who is sought out by others to complete major projects or resolve highly complex problems. Plans, lays out and directs shop activities. Positions may plan work and supervise electricians engaged in skilled high voltage electrical work.
- Valid Driver's License
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Working knowledge and experience working with medium voltage 13,200 volt system. Working knowledge of VFD's, Well pumps and controls, Nexlight lighting controls and Edwards fire alarm systems.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency